SAU Community

Colds N Flu

GTR-N1

Definitely a virus - a flu - rather than bacteria.

Antibiotics are no use.
Herbs like Echinacea are no use now.
Too late to run it off.
Too late for vit c.

If you're finger nails have white flecks take zinc.
Chinese acupuncture can be of great benefit and works better on viruses than most other modalities
Abstain from dairy since dairy promotes more phlegm production
The back of the neck has two energy points that if chilled permits flu to grab hold; so wear a scarf on cold mornings and after dusk; and finish your evening shower with really hot water on the back of the neck.

Walks in the sunshine

Eating plenty of fresh veg and fruit
For post viral infection try to get the herb Neem in capsules just recently and take them.

Hope these hints help!

Hope it's temporary.

Normally September is past flu season but doctors think there's a repeat set.

I think though that once the westerly winds start up any day now (in Sydney at least) flus will be done and dusted.

Well that didn't take long. Westerlies have arrived.

Probably a few days of these.

• 7 months later...

Maria and I have had our first ever Fluvax during the week. It was the trivalent type since the quadvalent one is too scarce and extra batches may not arrive until mid-May.

Those people who are sensitive to egg are advised to desist.

I don't know the pharmacological aspects Birds but the symptom warnings include, nausea, vomiting, fever and upper respiratory tract complications. The last two I can only assume are a consequence of live vaccines.

The first two due to egg albumin should also mean that other live vaccines grown on egg will also cause reactions in other instances. I wonder if tetanus is like that - hmm maybe not. I forget.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Flu season is not meant to peak until late this year (here in Australia). Forecast peak is mid August. Usually most post viral bacterial infections requiring antibiotics die off after early August. So this year, antibiotics for post viral infections will in that cast extend into mid September.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Dave, they have been since the 50s. That's why Golden Staphylococcus has mutated ahead of each new antibiotic for example. There have been decades of overuse of antibacterials aka antibiotics against viruses which they were never intended for nor could they defeat.

Now there are forms of Golden Staph called VRSA and MRSA and other superbugs MERS which can unleash a pandemic.

Various viruses can unleash pandemics too.

Twas demoralising after WW1 and WW2 to witness millions of people dying of infectious diseases straight after conflict ceased.

• Like 1

It really doesn't help that people go to the doctors at the first sign of a sniff, get some antibiotics and introduce it to the virus instead of letting their immune system do the job for small shit. Not only this but the heavy burden on our bulk billing system costs unnecessary millions a year.

I've had antibiotics before - it made maybe 1 day's difference to recovery. And one time I ended up sicker for longer because the antibiotics killed my good bacteria too.

• Like 2

Antibiotics are good for infections - what they were designed for. Not for colds, flu or minor irritations.

Yes they've been horribly over prescribed, now we're paying the price. Researchers are finding bacteria resistant to most types of antibiotics - this is a real worry.

The other problem is that people take antibiotics and then stop as soon as they feel better. This just makes the bacteria / infection angry and it mutates (simplistic view, but you get the idea). If you take antibiotics, then finish the course so you've positively killed whatever it was you were trying to kill.

Nanites are the answer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well over the past 7 days I've been belted by probably the worst head cold I've had in years. Started spluttering last monday, toughed it out at work till Tuesday, thought I'd work from home on Wednesday so I don't spread it in the office. Then Thursday....felt like I'd walked in front of a freight train. Struggled to get form bed to the kitchen to make a cuppa. Bed ridden till saturday. Back at work now but absolutely not at 100%.

I tried everything!

Heaps and heaps of water, citrus fruit, heaps of veggie soups, protien, low carbs etc. Hot showers, heaps of clothing to sweat it out.

Its getting round guys - be wary!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Didn't vacc

Didn't get it

Actually maybe I did, I don't know...I was pretty sick for a week and spent two days in bed but could have been a bad cold

Being on next year

• Like 1