SAU Community

For Sale - Admin Crackdown.

All.

Ensure you read the RULES before posting in this section.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/69225-classifieds-rules-please-read-this-before-using/

Particularly:

Buyers

Recently, moderaters have been deleting too many stupid posts in the for sale section and as such, the following now apply:

1. Absolutely no "Free Bumps" or "Nice car wish I could afford it" comments - If you like what you see and you wish to compliment the seller, send them a pm :D

Only post on the thread if you have a genuine question and are genuinely interested in the items being offered for sale

2. No price debates - put simply if you do not agree with the price being asked, do not comment on the thread. If you believe the seller is asking too much then either pm the thread starter or dont buy the items advertised - simple.

There is to be no "My cousin can get it for much less" or "Your asking too much" comments

Again comments such as the above will be deleted and if users persist in posting such comments, a warning will be issued

If you are not genuinely interested then simply do not post.

There is far too much chit-chat & arguing going on. Warnings will be handed out if it continues.

We still getting punished even if we do follow the rules? Want to see pictures before I consider purchasing a car am I allowed to ask for pictures? Got warned last time.

Not trying to be a smart ass but I feel like I was genuinely wronged and you ignored my message regarding the matter and the warning remains on my profile.

Edited by jukic.j

We still getting punished even if we do follow the rules? Want to see pictures before I consider purchasing a car am I allowed to ask for pictures? Got warned last time.

Not trying to be a smart ass but I feel like I was genuinely wronged and you ignored my message regarding the matter and the warning remains on my profile.

Dude do not try and play me for a fool. You were not interested at all.

You were posting for the sake if it with one line acting "interested" and then 50 lines about house deposits and god knows what.

Don't like your warning - PM Blitz and get him to review it - otherwise learn from it and simply don't waste people's time again.

"like"

Also, I recall Blitz had posted rules regarding a certain format in the classifieds section, but it is almost always never followed...

Similar to this:

ITEM:

FITS:

CONDITION:

PRICE:

That will be changed shortly by a default so we are not worried about it, let us worry about that :thumbsup:

How about having a limit on how long someone can have a item on the exact same price.

Like the one I got a warning for telling him to drop the price after almost a year!

The price is not your problem. Rules clearly state do no argue with seller price - so don't.

People can ask whatever price they feel they want and should not have to worry about smart arses.

There should be a no photo no add rule, what idiot posts something for sale with no photos.

Again seller choice. If they want to sell properly - they will include. If not it's only hurting themselves.

Far too much work to police something like that.

It all sounds like effort for you then doesn't it? Except if someone becomes a smart arse as you say, then the repercussions follow. Or someone opens a thread thts been covered a million times, then you close it. (I agree with that at least)

How about you keep it fair across the board and then everyone will be happy.

Or just play god as you do and make the rules to whatever suits you, instead of striving to improve sau you choose to stay in the 8ft hole that's been the pattern of this place for many years.

• Like 1

I don't make up the rules - they are clearly outlined

For Sale:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/69225-classifieds-rules-please-read-this-before-using/

Overall Board:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

You go outside them, you get warned. You've done that twice now. You can either learn from it, or end up banned. 99.9% of other users seem to do just fine.

I don't want to start fights or be a kent but I personally agree with the photos. I think make it 3/4 days without photos and the FS page gets pulled. I've been around a lot of forum and this has to be the worst for photos. I don't know why but it really is annoying.

It seems you guys are more keen on random chat(which is good and needs to stop) but the actually for sale post just seems to get over looked.

Photos help a sale. There is no doubts about that.

So whoever doesn't, that's there problem.

Ash, if there is a suspicious ad/seller. As seen a few weeks ago with the s3 r33 headlights.

Should we notify you?

I feel things like that with proper proof need to be published ASAP, it takes minutes for a transaction to occur and for someone to be scammed. Especially with something at a good price and a phone number.

Obviously can be argued that if a person is stupid enough not to check themselves, they should be scammed. But could be argue both ways.

I think the location (or at least the state) should be listed in the title. It is a bit annoying when you see a car whose specs look good and then you have to traul through the FS post to find it's located on the other side of the country. eg;

[VIC] 1994 Rover 216s with all the mods

I know it will probably mean less thread views and therefore less money for the forum (if that's how it works) but it would probs make things a whole heap easier.

• 2 months later...

I have an idea. Is it possible to make FS threads so only the seller can post?? That way all the communication is done through PM and stops the chit chat. But allowing the seller to post price drops and extra info should they be asked through PM.

Could we also give FS ads a use by date?? Say 6 months then its deleted. Im so tired of ppl bringing up 4yo FS ads on a sold item. Or maybe let ppl delete thier for sale ads once its sold.

• Like 1