SAU Community

For Sale - Admin Crackdown.

Reading this topic was hilarious....I have to say, the populace of VIC is obsessed with policing!! Honestly, the rules/policing on this forum is akin to Nazi Germany. Since when does a For Sale section need policing? The mods need only to police for actual scam sellers and thats it. In terms of policing bumps and comments, who really cares. The whole point of forums is for dialogue and discussion. If ppl see a false claim on an add, they should be free to comment. Don't really see the big issue with bumping either, at least buyers know the item is still for sale and the seller is keen to get rid of it.

Honestly, you can say we "should thank the moderators for giving their time....etc etc", but if they have time to be policing this, then perhaps they should look into other recreational activities. Tyrannical modz really do not help the community. The a20089 guy had the right idea. The answer to the worlds problems is not more policing!

I agree , totally unnecessary policing . Sellers need all the positive help they can get .

• 3 weeks later...

The mods need only to police for actual scam sellers and thats it.

Pretty naive!

* Derogatory statements can negatively influence a potential buyer

* Misinformation about the product that the vendor is selling can be put right so that there's no accidental heartache for the buyer

* Continual (and annoying) bumping by a duplicate account from the same ISP can be checked

* Incomplete information may need to be queried

* The price may be missng

* Embellished description may have to be toned down

Yes, Moderators need to be thanked for the work they do.

• Like 1

. The a20089 guy had the right idea. The answer to the worlds problems is not more policing!

I'm not sure I said that exactly. Policing of existing rules should exist, they are good rules. I was against arbitrary rule changes that banned all comments as the OP seemed to indicate. I agree with Terry_GT-R34's comments.

Only you can see your warning (and Mod or Admin). No need to review it, sometimes people go inactive for 6-12 months, return, cause more shit etc etc.

If we reviewed every warning - we'd need to charge everyone $5 a warning as it'd be a full time job

I can understand those that cause deliberate trouble "trolls". But I can easily change my IP, even appear out of state if needed, the moderators will still need to action anyone that returns and causes trouble.

So you would consider a $5 review fee, and if I am right the moderator who placed the "warn" has to pay me $5? I don't see anyone else complaining for years about a single "warn". Most know me that attend track days and we have personally met. I'm not here to "troll", learn & debate sure. Would the response differ if I threatened to take legal action over my good name. After all, all Moderators and admin can see I have done "wrong" also everyone has access to this thread and can see I'm such a bad person in trying to clear my name. Open forum is the only such way I can request review as Moderators/Admin have no interest in reviewing via PM as you have confirmed.

Try putting yourself in the situation, Someone says you ran the SAU Nationals in a dangerous way, it's a lie, they only reported you to other track owners, you have no right of reply, the track owners just accept your dangerous ways and are not willing to review the matter, your only option is to appeal to the masses but by doing so you are letting them all know you have been accused and assumed guilty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure I said that exactly. Policing of existing rules should exist, they are good rules. I was against arbitrary rule changes that banned all comments as the OP seemed to indicate. I agree with Terry_GT-R34's comments.

I can understand those that cause deliberate trouble "trolls". But I can easily change my IP, even appear out of state if needed, the moderators will still need to action anyone that returns and causes trouble.

So you would consider a $5 review fee, and if I am right the moderator who placed the "warn" has to pay me $5? I don't see anyone else complaining for years about a single "warn". Most know me that attend track days and we have personally met. I'm not here to "troll", learn & debate sure. Would the response differ if I threatened to take legal action over my good name. After all, all Moderators and admin can see I have done "wrong" also everyone has access to this thread and can see I'm such a bad person in trying to clear my name. Open forum is the only such way I can request review as Moderators/Admin have no interest in reviewing via PM as you have confirmed.

Try putting yourself in the situation, Someone says you ran the SAU Nationals in a dangerous way, it's a lie, they only reported you to other track owners, you have no right of reply, the track owners just accept your dangerous ways and are not willing to review the matter, your only option is to appeal to the masses but by doing so you are letting them all know you have been accused and assumed guilty.

We are stopping the pointless and often off topic posts that end up in threads, it then results to people having a go at each other and so on.

If you are that committed, to altering IPs and so on, just to be a pain in the ass - Then you really need to find a better hobby.

This has nothing to do with your SAU Nats example... This is between the half a dozen people that run this website, and you. That is all a warning is between, it is not public view/discussion.

If you are behaving, following the rules, then you have nothing to worry about at all. It's really that simple.

The consensus among Admin has been from day 1 - never to remove warnings. The system is not changing and that's just how it is. So again i say, if you are following the pretty relaxed rules around here, there is no real point in worry about it.

To note since this post went up, and we've kept an eye on things... Post reports have basically disappeared. Admin work has been cut back, users are understanding not to go around trashing/arguing/fighting and posting totally pointless shit in FS topics. That is considered a good end result if everyone gets along better and forum runs smoother.

Just an idea on the photo side of things.... It would be quite simple to program in a function that doesn't allow you to post in the FS section without having a photo attached. It would require no policing and sort out the issue. You could infact do templates for anything in the FS section that are fields that need to be filled out before the post goes up. A bit of background work yes but it would save everyone a whole heap of time and pain.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are stopping the pointless and often off topic posts that end up in threads, it then results to people having a go at each other and so on.

Which started all this with a moderator acting in this manner, and didn't like being called on it. Then he abused his power and made up crap to cover his ass.

If you are that committed, to altering IPs and so on, just to be a pain in the ass - Then you really need to find a better hobby.

You misinterpret in an appalling way, my comment and then direct an attack at me personally. My comment clearly related to trolls and them coming back under another IP, even something I could accomplish (with little IT knowledge). I am trying to have a informed discussion, possibly on differing opinions. Perhaps you meant to say "Trolls are a pain but will be dealt with when they arise"

If you are behaving, following the rules, then you have nothing to worry about at all. It's really that simple.

Your fellow moderator failed to follow the rules.

To note since this post went up, and we've kept an eye on things... Post reports have basically disappeared. Admin work has been cut back, users are understanding not to go around trashing/arguing/fighting and posting totally pointless shit in FS topics. That is considered a good end result if everyone gets along better and forum runs smoother.

Great result. This occurred before you enforced this behaviour.

Hello Admin,

I have posted a for sale topic for my car today. It has posted the topic 3 times as when I was trying to submit it, it gave me an error screen (3 times). After that I went to the for sale section to see what other cars were on the market & I found that my topic had posted 3 times. I have tried to delete 2 of them but I keep going round in circles on the site. I have edited one to show the year of the car & that is the one I'd like to keep. May you please delete the other two as I don't want to be a member who is doing the wrong thing by the page rules.

The topic is for a 1998 Nissan Skyline GT-T for sale (WA).

Many thanks

Anthony

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's more WTB posts in the For Sale Section then cars being for sale at the moment..

Thats cos nobody really looks at the WTB thread. Everyone looks at the FS thread........I also don't agree with ppl using it but I understand why they do, esp when they are looking for a particular type of car or a hard to find part.

• Like 1