SAU Community

Sau 3.2 - Changes/features Register - Updated 12/04 @ 19:00

It's definately a Linux issue. I've just updated to Firefox 11 and had a play around, I'm fine still.

Perhaps have a look around some Linux forums for IPB 3.2 / Firefox 11 compatability issues. Perhaps even try a delete/reinstall.

Will mark it in the faults thread (where it should be). Not really sure how that's going to be resolved easily.

where do I change the skin. I am finding it hard to see where one post beings and the other ends.

--

NVM - found it.

still cant see where posts end and begin. FFX 11.

Works fine for FF11 far as i can see

post-709-0-26203800-1334178583_thumb.png

is he in threaded view? as opposed to linear?

I do believe that has gone. Wasn't aware anyone even used it???

We had that many complaints about it going to Threaded (when people searched via Google)... So getting rid of it will stop this from happening.

Hence asking for you to look at Linux support info surrounding FF11 & IPB 3.2

There is obviously a compatibility problem between the apps and the OS. Something that we likely cannot resolve if there is an underlying problem in that area.

I'm not familiar with Linux support area or documentation.

Anything that isn't an actul issue/bug - please post here. Things you might want changed/enhanced etc

Ensrue you include a decent amount of information so that we know what you are talking about.

1. Screen shots if applicable

2. Links to other forums/features you've seen that you like

Updated 12/04 @ 19:00

- Dark Skin

- "Back to Top" button for both mobile & full versions

- Drop Down Forum navigation box. Previous versions have all had it.

- "Posts per Page" option is now gone. Old Forum had upto 50 posts per page, handy for viewing longer/detailed threads

- Default Forum text is now larger than previous. Perhaps drop it back one size by default?

- Instant PM button missing from posts in threads. Under Member Tags/User Bars, there was an instant PM button. Reinstated would be good, makes life easier using For Sale

Thanks

Ash

i found it!

it's there on the pulse theme, it's just at the top of the page next to the envelope icon (it looks like a ice cream). :)

Ye funnily enough I just found it about 5mins ago

I'm 100% sure it was not there before. Christian has been doing work in the background. Still needs a easy access dropdown box IMO. Will leave it on there

Only thing bugging me right now, is from the home page, to click the link to goto a thread (lastest post) is above the username,

but in a sub section the username is on top of the last post link

So I am constantly viewing people profiles by mistake (I dont wanna be know as the creepy stalker guy with a weird Toyota thing) lol

Not sure if this has been covered but when you leave feedback for someone in their profile, it used to be optional as to whether you wanted to include a link to the topic/deal but now it is a mandatory field and it won't let you leave feedback if you don't fill it in. I got a PM in regards to a wanted add so there isn't really a thread to link to.

Edited by Not a Pulsar

What happened to the msite? Or is it coming soon? I miss before bedtime SAU on my mobile.

****** Actually nevermind, found the mobile site button

ahhhh, where is it? this site is virtually unusable on my phone.

probably should redirect to mobile site automagically :/

Scroll to the VERY bottom, past the Feedback section & Ads. Left hand corner there is a button you click

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What SAU really needs is a 'for sale' section for private sellers that seperates cars into 'skylines' and 'others'. At the moment its too damn difficult looking through pages and pages of adverts for a particular model skyline, especially when most of the cars aren't even for skylines to begin with! Something like Skylines > R31, R32, R33, R34 > then series eg. BNR34, ECR34 etc. All other cars should just be grouped as others seeing as theres so many varying makes and models with very few of each. This would save a great deal of time and effort and I'm sure many would appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to see all the daily Birthdays?

Used to be cool to be able to see all of them each day but now there is just a few showing and it tells you how many there are in total.

(Kinda gave me a buzz seeing mine last year and it is coming up again and I wanna see it!)

Kinda makes you feel loved.

Cheers.

Rob.

Hmmm, yeah it should. We have a few mobile theme options, I'll look into how to make this happen.

Can we get a photo upload option for the iPhone

Cheers

Looks great so far

As far as I know, web sites cannot get access to the Photo Library on iPhones, only the native apps can.

What SAU really needs is a 'for sale' section for private sellers that seperates cars into 'skylines' and 'others'. At the moment its too damn difficult looking through pages and pages of adverts for a particular model skyline, especially when most of the cars aren't even for skylines to begin with! Something like Skylines > R31, R32, R33, R34 > then series eg. BNR34, ECR34 etc. All other cars should just be grouped as others seeing as theres so many varying makes and models with very few of each. This would save a great deal of time and effort and I'm sure many would appreciate it!

Oooooh, wait till you see what we've built! Its a full new, searchable database that categorises parts and vehicles based on make/model etc. Its super awesome, but there were just a few bugs during testing. Now that I'm getting on top of things, its in my list to get fixed up and rolled out.

Used to be cool to be able to see all of them each day but now there is just a few showing and it tells you how many there are in total.

(Kinda gave me a buzz seeing mine last year and it is coming up again and I wanna see it!)

Cheers.

Rob.

Hmmm, I'll see what I can do here. I agree that they should all be displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers.

Rob.

Hmmm, I'll see what I can do here. I agree that they should all be displayed.

Any progress on this?

Tis My B'day in a week... :yes:

Don't wanna have to change my birthdate just to see it. :no: