SAU Community

400-450Hp Rb25 Build Questions

51NNA

Hi all, im in the process of building an R32 drifter i want around 400-450hp, its currently got RB25 i put in.

MODS

Microtech LT12s

FMIC

3inch exhaust

YellowJacket coil packs

Stock everything else

its making 200kw on 12psi

My plan is the folowing mods

hypergear xIU stock 25 turbo highflow

WMI

Will this come close to that power figure or will i be better off buying a GTX 30/76?

Edited by 51NNA

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you will need bigger injectors, Fuel pump, a little highflow wont make 450hp at the wheels

GTX3076 will be over kill, better off with a GT3076 or if you really want a silly billet wheel then a GTX3071 would be better suited

Assuming you mean 400-450HP at the engine, then yeah, the Hypergear highflow will get you up into that space. But you're likely to need more fuel. I wouldn't rely on the meth in the WMI to provide enough. You're also likely to need to make sure the ignition system will cope.

It does have yellowjacket coil packs, i was hopeing for RWHP and Zebra i wasnt 100% sure on spending the extra 500$ for a billet wheel, but would you go a 71 over a 76? and my injectors are only on 50%duty cycle so hopefully they would cope too atleast 370-400hp with the WMI

Are they standard injectors? If so they will not do 400rwhp, about 300rwhp is the limit at standard rail pressures

WMI should not be used to increase fueling capacity, doesnt work like that

GTX3076 is capable of 500+rwhp on the right fuel nad engine, but slightly laggier than the regular GT3076 which will do just shy of 500rwhp on the right fuel/engine

50% duty cycle on stock injectors at 200 rwkW? Something not right there.

yup

either lean as f**k or high reading dyno....I was at 95% at standard pressure with a true 200rwkws

Well i was hoping too be sneaky and run my AFR at 13 with the wmi protecting against ping, ATM its 199.6rwkw with 53% duty cycle with stock injectors on 12:1 afr

Edited by 51NNA

Its pretty interesting to find that Toshi managed 2x 260rwkws R33 using our stock 21U R33 high flowed turbos on factory injectors pump 98 done on two different dynos. Not sure whats the go there, unless he can flash the stock ECU to run stock injectors at 100% injection or some thing similar.

only with toshi's remaps.

2 results out of hundreds of others doesnt make it a trend imo

Only with toshi's remaps. I remember he stated some where that he can make it do that no worries. I've never seen that done with other tuners.

Well looks like im up for some injectors too lol, 550cc be enough?

OR buy a GT30/76 or GT30/71, WMI and put it back on the dyno and see what happens and go from there, after all spending 1k on injectors i might not need (probly will do) but would be interesting too see what happens?

Edited by 51NNA

1K on injectors?? wow... why?

injectors you might not need, yeah right your funny...

Im at 388rwhp with 500cc injectors at 72% duty...

I have 840cc injectors ready to go in for E85....

most would say 75% injector duty would be the max they would want for safety...

get siemens injectors and a new rail and it will be cheaper than sard or nismo injectors and you can get larger to support E85 and not worry about WMI....

I always thought it was 85% yea i might go 1000cc and run E85, but in queensland its a pain to get E85 and ile have to change my fuel lines =/

Edited by 51NNA

Its pretty interesting to find that Toshi managed 2x 260rwkws R33 using our stock 21U R33 high flowed turbos on factory injectors pump 98 done on two different dynos. Not sure whats the go there, unless he can flash the stock ECU to run stock injectors at 100% injection or some thing similar.

I made 260kw at 15psi so never 100% injector duty.

Injector duty is around 88-92%.(depends on AFR)