SAU Community

Th400, Trimatic, C4 Into A R33 ?

DR R33

G'day

I was driving the R33 and the box is about to go, this will be my 4th box ive changed. Has anyone ever put in a TH400 or a Powerglide into a R33 ? I need something strong ive spent too $$$$ much on recos and shops kept promising the box will indestructable blah blah. My car is a daily driver.

you broke 4 built gearboxes with 190kws?

crazy

Exactly - WTF? Most people dont have problems until you head north of 350kw, and AFAIK no-one has problems at <300kw. Something's not adding up.

Exactly - WTF? Most people dont have problems until you head north of 350kw, and AFAIK no-one has problems at <300kw. Something's not adding up.

Yep there is more to the story.

You could simply buy a 2nd hand stock auto, and install it and it should be totally fine.

sounds like the shops doing the "recos" have no idea, or you are abusing the transmission something severe.

I had my transmission rebuilt at knox automatics and had a stage 2 shift kit fitted and it drives bloody awesome. i have 238rwkw and this thing is so much fun to drive now. give michael or bert a call on 0397642222

• 7 years later...
On 12/04/2012 at 10:03 AM, WHITER33GTS-T said:

I have a C4 in my 33. Was awesome till I broke it. Not sure what let go as yet as I havent touched the car since it happened. It has reverse and no forward gears.

I was running 475rwkw thru mine and 900nm

How did you get c4 in

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2012 at 10:10 AM, DR R33 said:

Crazy !! im running about 190 at the rears, I just need something that will last. Did you have a B&M shifter ?

How did you fit c4 in to skyline