SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

16 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

Don't think there'd be the space between the rad support andt he bonnet?

Tried to find a photo... failed. I'll find it... somewhere but it has been done. Not sure if they modified the snorkle but I don't remember it looking "not factory".

There's no over the radiator support intake on the 32's. Just a oval intake under the headlights that clips into the airbox. There's also a port between the in engine bay and the behind front bumper area on side behind the factory wiper washer bottle. How many intake options do you get on the 33's?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

There's no over the radiator support intake on the 32's. Just a oval intake under the headlights that clips into the airbox. There's also a port between the in engine bay and the behind front bumper area on side behind the factory wiper washer bottle. How many intake options do you get on the 33's?

I know that, but it looked like they used a 33 snorkle. Grab one and see if it fits, even if it doesn't, it can't be that hard to make work.

Must be getting excited seeing the finishing touches coming together:1311_thumbsup_tone2:

A shame you have to earn the $s before you can put this type of build together , just hope I live to see it done, thought of getting a 3rd job, lol

You must take some vids when you turn the key for the first time, it will be one mad Boat:530_checkered_flag:

1 hour ago, SimonR32 said:

Piggaz vs Bobby for longest build and never driven...

But I do joke, keen to see some results on this mate, well Bobby's as well because that will be the joke :)

The zombie apocalypse will come before this car is ready 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Car is finally booked into Insight on the 19th of April for the ECU, fuel system and sensor wire in plus the tune. Thats the good news. The bad news is that V-cam aint gonna fit with my pistons and how my engine has been setup. I had a chat with the bloke who screwed it together and with my positive deck height (+22 thou higher than factory), decked head, larger valves and god knows what, the only way to do it is to have a set of pistons made up with a thicker crown.... I'm not doing that! 

So, bring on the 19th! Hopefully it runs before end of financial year!

Update of engine bay. All thats left to do it swap the harmonic balancer over annndd thats it.

D91B0863-1182-4E4C-8370-94E66E31EF9B_zps

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, acsplit said:

Good good, don't worry it won't need the Vcam. 

Because single and not twins? ?

Vcam WILL come. Just not yet. I want it on the road, not another rip apart!!!!

5 minutes ago, fatz said:

No need to change computers then if no v cam

More to It then that Pete.  That was more of a personal issue and a "f**k you" then anything. 

Its done, it's dusted, whatever.

Just want it running. I have a date, that's it. Get it on the road!!!

1 minute ago, Deano 1 said:

Soooo no Emtron?

Emtron KV8 is a goer. Just no v cam. Box that guy up and save it for the inevitable rebuild... we all know how RB's are ?.