SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

:P .

It had to happen!

OK. So the rears are going in today. Set the heights as close as I can and continue cleaning the engine bay. Yay!

For sale: Nismo S tunes for 33 GTR.

Great looking R-tune's you have there. I'll be interested to hear how streetable they are compared to the S-tunes. I want that adjustability of the Rtunes, without added harshness. Ie... no rougher to drive than the s-tunes.

Ian, They're alot firmer than the S tunes for sure. I have had them in and did maybe 100 kms but 36 hours before the Nats I had to pull them back out :domokun: . I don't really drive the car that often on the street so I spose I can put up with it a little. The S tunes are great on the street but feel a little lack luster on the track. The R tune spring rates are 12 F and 10 R IIRC, so yeah, firm.

Just wait till this years nats, i'll chuck you the keys and see if you like them or not.

Annddd the rears are in :D

I'd like that but won't be making it to the Nats this year. At the moment I have a choice... go to the nats or finish my next engine. Only if work picks up a lot over the next 2 months can I consider doing both.

A few goodies turned up today.

First my crank

7597f489.jpg

Second my quaife front diff centre.

a8aa6ca0.jpg

1170ea5e.jpg

c5b03caf.jpg

Pistons arrive next week sometime. Sump will be dropped off to Racepace in Melbourne to get modified to their specs. 9.5 Litre oil changes will get exxy!

is that diff a 1.5way LSD?

It's a.... Different diff.

They don't have clutch packs in them, they have gears.

Gav and R32TT (Matty) have them in their cars and love them to bits. They do the same sort of driving as what we do so that was good enough.

Time will tell.

looks nice paul.

That extra oil capacity is good insurance, only 2x5ltr bottles :)

Cheers karnt. Yeah, running round on semis and a stock sump isn't the smartest idea. Us NSW guys and our SBS (sump baffle syndrome) as Ash likes to call it :D

Cheers karnt. Yeah, running round on semis and a stock sump isn't the smartest idea. Us NSW guys and our SBS (sump baffle syndrome) as Ash likes to call it :D

You have the N1 pump syndrome too lol

u better watch for those piggaz when u get it back on the road

Pics fresh in from the land of the rising sun.

A few pics of the head.

The 'marks' on the face of the head is just sticky gunk from it being packed up. A little bit of petrol and it will be sweet.

JF0S9492.jpg

JF0S9488.jpg

JF0S9484.jpg

JF0S9479.jpg

JF0S9487.jpg

New 87 mm Tomei pistons with Ti top ring and Valve relief so I can run Vcam in the future if i want to be a dickhead.

HKS Step 2 valve springs.

JUN Ti retainers

Some pretty Tomei stickers :D

JF0S9497.jpg

Parts missing are the exhaust manifolds which are matched to the head and I sent a manifold to turbine housing gasket to japan to be matched up.

Cams are missing

I also had a 'balance tube' port matched up.

Parts will come in dribs and drabs to not get anally bashed by customs!!!

Block and rods were taken down to the engine builder on Friday. When the pistons arrive the crank and the pistons will be taken down. Head will be in the country on the 12th of May.