SAU Community

10-15K R32 Project Drift Build - Input Appreciated

So ive decided too take my R32 off road and turn it into a Drifter ile start by listing the current mods then mods im going too add, if you have any advice on parts please comment :yes:

Current Mods:

Engine:

RB25 S2

Yellow Jacket Coil Packs

FMIC

Microtech LT12s

HKS Electronic boost controller

3" Exhaust

Stock Turbo

Suspension and Steering:

Tein Super Street Suspension

Driveline:

R32 Gearbox

Nismo 2-Way Locker

Interior:

Stock

Future Mods:

Engine:

HyperGear G3

deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors

deatschwerks 300LT/H Fuel Pump

E85 :woot:

Power steering cooler kit

Engine Oil Cooler Kit

Suspension and Steering:

Driftworks Geomaster - Offset Rack Spacers

Steering angle spacers

Stainless steering bush

Driftworks Front & Rear Adjustable Lower Arms }

Driftworks Camber Arms }

Driftworks Toe rods } Might use gktech products instead

Driftworks Traction Rods }

Driftworks Tension Rods }

Tein Tie Rods & Tie Rod Ends

25mm hub centric spacers

Driveline:

Expect the r32 box too break so ile put a 33 one in when it does

Diff should survive along time

Interior:

Remove whole interior apart from dash

Racing Seats

Harness

Rollcage

Hydraulic handbrake

Mixed gauges

Exterior:

Paintjob

Bodykit

Rims

So im looking around 10-15k on a guess for all this, if theres things i dont need or extra things i need, please let me know, this build will be starting very soon! stay tuned.

post-74177-0-58190800-1334647775_thumb.jpg

post-74177-0-35461100-1334647788_thumb.jpg

post-74177-0-19674800-1334647798_thumb.jpg

I heard a s13 cradle will allow better lock which always help when sideways also a gtr diff it's a cheap good upgrade 15 g is a fair wack to build a drifter

Just read nismo 2 way my bad

Edited by Bsa

I was also reading on a driftworks forum about the cradles, but a few people said its only the s14 and s15 cradles that will allow better lock and haha yeah i know it seems alot but that seems too be the cheapest options with the most amount of mods if i could id spend 20+ but thats not really an option at the moment, also if anyone knows anyone who can make roll cages in queensland at a decent price, i was quoted 3,500, seems abit pricey, might just buy a tig and do it myself, just dont have a bender lol

Edited by 51NNA

Yah 3500 is a bit steep for a cage. I got quoted in sydney here from pro fab 2200 and thats a full 6 point cage with side impact bars accross the doors :) Good luck with the build im also in the middle of a 32 build for drift and circuit work :)

The Cage in our R32, was from motorsport solutions Australia a few years ago, fully cams approved 6 point for under 2k. there is a thread about him here http://www.excelrally.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=587, old thread though i'm not even sure if theyre still open but you can send me a PM for his number if you would like.

Cheers

Thanks for the info mate, but ive decided im going too build my own, i need the experience because theres also a KE30 rolla in the works as a drag car, so id have too build a cage for that too.

UPDATE:

Not going with the HyperGear Turbo anymore, going with a GTX30/76 .82, for 200$ more a trusted brand name is a better option lol

Edited by 51NNA

garrett_gtx307x_sm.jpg Garrett GTX3076R RB25DET T3 Bolt-on Turbocharger 550hp, Dual Ball Bearing Kit

- Actuator Boost (Min) 16psi

- Ceramic Coating - None - $2,329.00AUD fuel_upgrade_kit_ts_6cyl_sm.gif Fuel System Upgrade Kit Stage 3 - Nissan R33 GTST - RB25DET (834HP)

- Injector Impedence Low $1,220.00AUD dc_dcsl-12-0162_sm.gif Davies Craig Electric 12inch 12V Thermofan - Fan Only $145.00AUD iridium_6cyl_sm.gif NGK Spark Plug, Nissan Skyline R33 RB25DET Iridium Plugs Set of 6 $116.00AUD haltech_platinum_2000-trans_sm.gif Haltech PS2000 Engine Management System - Nissan RB Series Engines

- Air Temp Sensor + Connector - none -

- Coolant Temp Sensor + Connector - none -

- MAP Sensor + Connector - none -

- Throttle Position Sensor + Conn - none - $2,345.00AUD walbro_400lph_tweakit_kit_sm.jpg Walbro 800HP+ 400LPH In-tank EFI Fuel Pump - Tweakit Universal Kit $195.00AUD

Parts im getting so far lol and that was the cheap part :unsure:

Nice will be good to see some more gtx results on a rb25 although the rear housing worries me as they have given people alot of trouble in the past. Any particular reason why you decided to go with thermos rather sticking with the stock clutch fan setup?

Oh? I didnt know about the rear housing issues? and Reason for the thermo is because my intercooler piping hits the fan and the bonnet so i had too trim it, which made it unbalanced and yeah... plus the stock shroud doesnt fit back on lol, so its really my only option.

Possibly scratching this engine and doing a conversion, feel like doing something crazy with a rotary lol

Edited by 51NNA

I got a 32 skid hack aswell IMO power isn't everything it helps but if I were u I'd concentrate more on the sus set up to begin with. Solid steering bush is an easy yet effective mod , cheap too makes the steering feel way more responsive. Caster/tension rods are a wiked mod too make the car self steer way better on transitions. And finally camber! I find it makes my car snap harder on the transitions. I also run massive track all round achieved by spacers on the rear and lengthened and re mounted lca at the front. This I find makes the car feel more at home when sliding off pwr and look boss. On the lock front I moved the rack froward on the crossmember rather than run offset spaces and just ground down the factory lock bumps on the knuckles this may not look like a massive gain in lock but the result was amassing to drive.

I got a 32 skid hack aswell IMO power isn't everything it helps but if I were u I'd concentrate more on the sus set up to begin with. Solid steering bush is an easy yet effective mod , cheap too makes the steering feel way more responsive. Caster/tension rods are a wiked mod too make the car self steer way better on transitions. And finally camber! I find it makes my car snap harder on the transitions. I also run massive track all round achieved by spacers on the rear and lengthened and re mounted lca at the front. This I find makes the car feel more at home when sliding off pwr and look boss. On the lock front I moved the rack froward on the crossmember rather than run offset spaces and just ground down the factory lock bumps on the knuckles this may not look like a massive gain in lock but the result was amassing to drive.

Yeah, your 100% correct. Im going to just focus on the steering and get a retune and see how it feel's on the track. It's already got a nismo 2 way and its a non HICAS model. :yes: