SAU Community

Barbagallo Wascc Track Day

Bren444

Nah not coming out tomorrow Brendan but what numbers did they make ?

Ps. Have a good day. See if you can get someone to time you and throw them up here.

Andrew didn't have time to re-tune mine but it's fine the way it is - just not quite making the numbers I want haha My lower boost setting that I use on the track is still about the 330rwhp mark so not too bad.

On a massive posotive note, dad's GT-R blew us all away! 472whp @ 19PSI =) And that's with some top end issues - it's not holding power after 7000RPM - not too sure what the go is yet as time was lacking so we couldn't look too far into it and we were happy with the result anyway. It's got a safer tune now and runs sweet so that's the main thing.

Yep, I will be there tomorrow. Want Andy at Hyperdrive to look at a handling issue and also to get used to the new mechanical diff.

Then she is off the road for a couple of months while we put a cage in the beast.

Fantastic day guys! Shame about the short track time due to big turn out but that's to be expected on a Saturday early in the season, and everyone seemed to have a great time anyway. Great to catch up and also meet some new faces today.

Nice work Aaron, good to meet you.

My GoPro vid's came out unreal today - had it mounted next to the exhaust looking back - hate to blow my own trumpet but it sounds bloody angry for a low mount RB25 =)

Big videos and struggling to upload but should get 1 up on youtube by tomorrow ;-)

Andrew didn't have time to re-tune mine but it's fine the way it is - just not quite making the numbers I want haha My lower boost setting that I use on the track is still about the 330rwhp mark so not too bad.

On a massive posotive note, dad's GT-R blew us all away! 472whp @ 19PSI  =) And that's with some top end issues - it's not holding power after 7000RPM - not too sure what the go is yet as time was lacking so we couldn't look too far into it and we were happy with the result anyway. It's got a safer tune now and runs sweet so that's the main thing.

Nice, give us a run down on your old mans setup?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, give us a run down on your old mans setup?

Pretty much every common mod has been done - only thing missing is forged internals. The head has been off and the motor has had some attention but I'm not sure on the full details.

Off the top of my head;

Jun 265 cams, 700cc injectors, HKS GT-SS turbos, upgraded fuel pump, water pump, all the usual stuff, ali radiator, upgraded fuel rail, modified oil plumbing and catch can etc

Full intake upgrade and race exhaust - 3.5" straight out of the turbos with varex EVC muffler (changes from a monster note to as quiet as a stock skyline at the touch of a button)

AP racing front brake upgrade with 343mm rotors (I think), HKS fully adjustable coil overs, adjustable camber kit, 18 x 9.5" wheels and as of tomorrow Toyo R888 tyres

Hey gang

Anyone coming to the next track day this Tuesday 5 June??

The old boy is going to give the GT-R a run on the new R888 tyres, should be good.

I will be on camera duties so I can get some good vids for anyone interested? ;-)

Unfortunately the blue beast will be out of the action until the end of the year so I'll focus on giving Geoff a hand with the GT-R and work on my camera skills in the mean time.

Keep in touch and hope to see some skylines out there on Tuesday!

Hey gang

Anyone coming to the next track day this Tuesday 5 June??

The old boy is going to give the GT-R a run on the new R888 tyres, should be good.

I will be on camera duties so I can get some good vids for anyone interested? ;-)

Unfortunately the blue beast will be out of the action until the end of the year so I'll focus on giving Geoff a hand with the GT-R and work on my camera skills in the mean time.

Keep in touch and hope to see some skylines out there on Tuesday!

I'll be there in the Black Girl - come and say g'day.

Damn! Why aren't I hearing about all these bloody events lately? haha Had a good TUNING DAY anyway! haha The GT-R was really holding it's own today and sooooo much quicker with the new tyres. Was great to meet see some new people out there today and looking forward to the next one ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, sorry for dumping in your topic, but i was looking into doing a couple of Tuning days myself, The question is, am I gonna look like a complete *uckwit rocking up in my R33 Gtst, its only got following mods - Full exhaust, FMIC, 10psi, Power fc, filter blah blah. I really just want to go so i can give it a good flogging without the obvious problems with flogging around the streets, and maybe meet a few who share the same passion..