SAU Community

Barbagallo Wascc Track Day

Bren444

What you just described is what it's all about Chris! Come on out and get amongst it - we are all pretty friendly so will keep an eye out. Assuming you have a cams L2S Licence and WASCC membership, you are good to go - otherwise for an extra fee, you can purchase a temporary 1 day licence to drive on the day.

Wes drives a deep blue R32 GT-R and I'll most probably be hanging around him so feel free to come say hello.

Brendan

Chris everybody has to start somewhere and these WASCC tuning days are one of the best ways to do it.

They're non competeitive and there's generally no attiude about when up at the track. People are generally more than happy to give advice or tips when cruising the pits.

Hope to see you up there tommorrow.

Come say hi if you make it.

Wes

Yeah cheers i went down for a look about a month ago and it seems pretty good. A few big power GTRs getting around. Im really quite stock atm so driving with these big boys is abit daunting haha. Anyway i need to get this PFC tuned and get some new front pads before i get up there. But im going up tomorro for a gander anyway

No idea Shaun, I was up there till just before 3 thrashing round and wasn't aware of anyone going into the back wall!

When was it and was it a GTR or GTS-T as there were a whole bunch of Skylines out there having fun on Saturday - which was really good to see.

Hey guys just got a few questions for you's.

Do u have to pay the year membership of WASCC to do the tuning day or can you just get the one day membership on the day for $70, then pay the $70 tuning day fee along with your CAMS licence for $105? I was doing some research on all this and it seems that if i was to buy the 12 month membership now, it would expire on 31st December this year, as membership runs from Jan to December, as far as i can see you really need to join in January for the full benifit of paying the $330 for silver membership seems bit stoopid to me, you should get 12 months from whenever you join...

And would i have the cams licence for a full year even though i would only be a member for "1 day"

If anyone can shed some light on this for me would be good.. Cheers in advance

And Wes, That GTR of yours is smokin hot mate! Had bit of a look at it on saturday, love the neat engine bay :wub:

Hey guys just got a few questions for you's.

Do u have to pay the year membership of WASCC to do the tuning day or can you just get the one day membership on the day for $70, then pay the $70 tuning day fee along with your CAMS licence for $105? I was doing some research on all this and it seems that if i was to buy the 12 month membership now, it would expire on 31st December this year, as membership runs from Jan to December, as far as i can see you really need to join in January for the full benifit of paying the $330 for silver membership seems bit stoopid to me, you should get 12 months from whenever you join...

And would i have the cams licence for a full year even though i would only be a member for "1 day"

If anyone can shed some light on this for me would be good.. Cheers in advance

And Wes, That GTR of yours is smokin hot mate! Had bit of a look at it on saturday, love the neat engine bay :wub:

Hi Chris

Yeah I honestly can't remember about the membership itself - pretty sure it is just for each year (my card says 2012 membership) i.e. Jan - Dec.

As for the cams license though, the one day is only for that one day. The 1 year license is a few hundred dollars but it's validity starts from when you purchase it for a year.

So you are right - for full benefit it helps to get a fresh membership at start of the year. Another big point is that silver membership entitles you free entry to V8 supercars and all other events held at the venue over the year, along with other little perks here and there.

As for getting membership at this time of year, I guess it depends on how much you can get out to the track for the rest of the year as to be worth the money.

Hope that helps some.

Brendan

All good advice but I'll just say I think that he would only require a CAMS Level2s licence and these are about $100 for a year (and last a full year from there). Only some of the bigger licences such as National Rally and National Circuit Licence are $300 +

Wish I had come down for a look - good to hear there are few of you getting up there for a run !

Thanks for the info guys, if i was just paying for single day membership i would only have to do it 5 times and the cost would be close to just getting the year one i spose either way they got ya by the nuts haha.

Yeah WASCC memebership is a yearly thing so def better off getting it at the begining of the year. We're only half way through the year so there are still plenty of opportunities to get out there yeat mate. Get a free tuning day valued at $70 included in the $330 and FYI membership drops after your first year to $270 & still includes the free tuning day.

Also wrt to the CAMS license you'd only need the L2S as Matt pointed out if your going to do club level events like No limits or events organised by someone like Paul Blank at automotive events managment. This is $105 from memeory and def runs for a year from thr time of purchase.

Ta for the kind words about the wagon also Chris. Hope to see you up at the track sometime.

Wes

• 1 month later...

Nice driving out there today fellas.

Another great day.

Next track day that dad and I are here for is Monday the 24th so hopefully see a few of us out there again then.

Cheers,

Brendan

Hey Brendan

I would of come out but i dont think my care would of moved without my Flywheel :P

My aim was to have the car ready for Powercruise, but if i can get it ready for a monday session that would be awesome.

Only got this to do:

Install new turbo

Install New ECU

Install Clutch

Get tuned

everythings off the engine ( gearbox/turbo) so once i get my tubro/flywheel it will just be upto when i can get it tuned :)

• 2 weeks later...