SAU Community

Barbagallo Wascc Track Day

Bren444

That's just how long you gotta wait mate, to be honest I'd be very very very surprised if Sean or Andy know who I am before I rock up with my car and they've both tuned it many times. Got nothing to do with you not having had your car tuned there before.

As for how long it takes, generally if it's JUST a tune and it all goes according to plan then it's done by about 3-4pm if you drop it off first thing in the morning. But there's also a chance you don't get it back that day, it depends how they go with the other cars they have booked in. And if you're having other work done, ie. turbo install + tune or something like that then forget about getting it back on the same day, that's usually between 2-3 days.

In short: plan to be without the car for a few days, if you get it back sooner then that's a bonus.

Edited by Hanaldo

Yep, gonna be my wheel nut bitch again Brendah?! Might let u take the big girl out for a lap or 2 if ya good so bring you helmet. Will be running the street wheel/tyre set-up tomorrow, so there'll be no lap times broken :down: Too lazy to change em over for a half day track day.... and hung over.

Bringing the HQ out for a few laps now you have your new shockies n brakes sorted?

Looking fwd to it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Righto guys and girls!
Now that I'm finally back in action with the blue monster, my first track day will be the 14th June.

My old man is also planning on having the GT-R back out with his repaired front end and new oil cooler so it should be a very good show of RB noise and father - son banter if nothing else ;-)
Keep in touch on here in the mean time gang and let me know if you can make it out.

Usual deal: 9AM - 5PM, full length clothing, closed shoes, good helmet etc All details are on www.wascc.com.au

Hoping to encourage some new comers this year, so let's keep communicating and encouraging each other on here and how ever else we can.

Cheers,

Bren

Wes that's a bumber mate! Wish I could be at the one before as well but I'll be working away. We should catch up this break if you're free mate.
That's great to hear Bryce! Look forward to seeing you's out there. Keep an eye out for us Blake boys and the bay side blue R34, and come say hello ;-)
I'm pumped already. I've decided I'm just going to run my current old R888's totally into the ground because it will be my first track time with the new blue monster so no point in trying to brake lap records so to speak - I just want to learn to control the power and get comfortable with the new set up (hopefully without heading off the track and wrecking the new paint/body kit) haha
Talk soon lads
Brendan

Went on my first track day last night in prep for yours Bren :)

Only did short track as it was raining during the day.

Got a Flat 60 seconds exact for the short track, not sure if that's good or not, but it was my first time ever on a track racing :)

Really good fun!!

Car went great!! No Issues!

Fantastic Jarrod! I'm not too sure what the going rate is for times on the short track but I reckon it would be very respectable mate!
Look forward to catching up on the 14th ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bryce. I've been in touch with the boys and it looks like everyone I've been talking to is going to make it - despite the threat of a few possible scattered light showers. Are you and your mate still looking good to be there this Friday? There's 5 confirmed hypo skylines going to be there so far - all big hp and nice set ups too, which will be awesome for the camera footage.
Cheers
Bren

Hay bren, me and my mate will be there in our r33's, can't wait :) hopefully good weather comes our way to

Cheers Bryce

See you there :)

Cant wait to see the crazy powered rbs, and see yours wide open throttle on the track wizzing (screaming? ) by me on the straights!!

Gona bleed/change my brake pads tonight ready for tomoz :)

good shit mate! Just had a few tweaks done to the tune on the 34 tonight so she's all ready for some serious track tearing :-) see you all tomorrow!

Hay bren, yeah mate I'm still going, mate has dropped out in the other r33 , so that's a bummer, coz his car would of been added on the hypo skyline list :) but couple of other mates are coming. Can't wait to hear all the rb's on full noise tomorrow, sounds like it's going to be a awesome day. cheers bryce