SAU Community

Overfilled Engine Oil 1.5Cm Above Max Mark On Dipstick

rondofj

Hey fellas yesterday I did an engine oil n filter change (used GW SYN-X 3000), i drained the oil out for like 15-20mins, there still was a constant tiny trickle out from the sump which is impossible to get rid of. Then I did the filter and topped up oil from the 5L bottle leaving like 100-200ml in the bottle. My dipstick shows fresh oil like 1-2 cm above the max mark.

Should i be worried n drain some out????

Engine oil press while driving is normal 2kg/cm sq and up to 6kg/cm sq when boosting hard..

run the engine for 30 seconds or so, turn it off, let it sit for about a minute and then check the oil level. if it is still well over the max level then you could drain a bit out. if it is about at the full mark then it isn't so much of a drama.

run the engine for 30 seconds or so, turn it off, let it sit for about a minute and then check the oil level. if it is still well over the max level then you could drain a bit out. if it is about at the full mark then it isn't so much of a drama.

Ok cheers dude will do that. )

i always put the full 5 litres in now, it always shit me wasting the tiny bit at the end

over filling slightly wont cause you any problems

i dont really see how over filling could cause any problem at all?

There is alot of space between the hot mark on the dipstick and the bottom of the crank on RB26s (room for about 1.5-2l of more oil), which is why we overfill to the hump. But when oil does hit the crank from, the crank whips it up like butter and it foams up, also creating crankhouse pressure which can blow the rear main.

dont overfill it to much, i poped the rear main seal on my r34 with the oil level at the hump (granted it may not have been the cause but its the only thing i can put it down to + shitty factory breather setup). n1's extra oil capacity is due to a factory oil cooler i think.