SAU Community

My12 Gtr Wr600 Club Spec

Our new ADM MY12 GTR freshly delivered with less than 50km on the clock and getting ready for roll cage installation next week. This is going to be a minimalist build designed to set the fastest lap times for the lowest spend and show how good these cars really are.

my121.jpg

Lots of lessons learned from GTR Mk 1. Mk2 will be better in every way :)

LC5 works a treat.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin did you test the LC cobb upgrades on your last car?

I'm waiting for cobb to release an adjustable LC program, as the LC2 at 3200rpm is too much rpm for the grip of my 21" yoki's on street

Edited by domino_z

Very nice to drive this car........they just seem to get smoother & smoother!

Keen to see what its like once you finish tuning it.

Sounds like something I will need to keep a close eye on Martin!

What are your plans for the 390mm rotors when replacement time comes?

Just fitted the rear section to my Willall mid pipe a few days ago, sounds great.

Tom

As far as I know you cannot simply swap discs over to 380s on MY11+ as they didnt just put spacers in there to move the calipers out. It's really annoying as AP are taking forever to release something, DBA likewise and Alcons are expensive.

Martin I may make you an offer, probably depends if it's wet or not at Barbagallo this week...What are you doing brake/caliper wise?

Yes, the new turbos have made a definate difference to the mid range & top end.

It went from 390awkw (E85 & std turbos with midpipe) to mid 400s.

Willalls did the new turbos, dump pipes & full titanium rear exhaust (plus fuel pumps)

in one hit & with the Michelin Super sports I fitted they were arcing up on the rollers

once it got past 420awkw so we dont know exact figure.

Its a massive seat of the pants improvement. I especially love the sound of it now!

It has always been an awesome looking GTR in GT blue, but now it sounds as good

as it looks. Loving the blue titanium exhaust tips as well.

I cant pick any noticable increase in lag, although I do tend to be keeping the revs up

more as I cruise because it just sounds nuts.....

I haven't had a chance to get it up in the hills yet but when I do it will be brilliant.

Martin, when you sort out this Black GTR I will meet you up there!

Munro how's your car going with the willall turbos?

Did you notice a difference in performance from full bolt on e85 to mod'd turbos?

i can say from the passengers seat VERY VERY nice. was in it two before turbo upgrage and the day after, what a huge differance seemed like a totally different car. he can tell you what power it is now (think 800 HP) and from the driver seat.

Willalls did the new turbos, dump pipes & full titanium rear exhaust (plus fuel pumps)

in one hit & with the Michelin Super sports I fitted they were arcing up on the rollers

Its a massive seat of the pants improvement. I especially love the sound of it now!

I cant pick any noticable increase in lag, although I do tend to be keeping the revs up

I haven't had a chance to get it up in the hills yet but when I do it will be brilliant.

you beat me too it:) ill put my hand up for a hills blast:)

I'm running basically same mods which is why I'm curious how the turbos added to the driveability as that's my next move.

Have you got the dyno graphs, would love to see the power curve to compare with mine. You kept the stock actuators yeh? What psi did Martin run the new turbos at? ideally I'd want to run 20-22psi right to redline

What about the box, any increase in nvh after opening it up? That's my main concern

Edited by domino_z

Ozstriker we run the Endless full braking system from our old GTR - it was all fresh and outperforms the stock system quite easily. Domino, it looks as though the calipers are cast differently to take the larger rotor...they are all sitting on the bench now!

Syvecs S8 R35 ECU should land tomorrow then some cool things start to happen - boost at launch, rolling boost limiter, programmable launch control. Great development times ahead :)