• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Martin Donnon

My12 Gtr Wr600 Club Spec

Martin Donnon    0
  • Topic Author
  • Some of the Syvecs engine management log data to go through after the weekend.....going to take me some time, however its so elegant, no pressing start/stop or having a hand controller in the car, just plug in the Ethernet cable and download at your leisure :)

syvecslog.jpg

MattR    9

all seems to make sense:)

Martin Donnon    0
  • Topic Author
  • It does make sense Matt

Had a discussion about the car over the weekend and we want to do a couple of things next up

First is to put it into a 9 second pass at the drag strip for a bit of fun, and then back it up with a 1:10 lap at Mallala

All retaining the WR600s perfect drive their/drive back nature :)

Martin Donnon    0
  • Topic Author
  • E85

You can see from the little 'flame rings' that the 'ign cut severity' is running overtime for the traction control. Its a cool pic :)

Martin Donnon    0
  • Topic Author
  • Getting a few small marks out of the paint of the WR600 was left to Hamish from Elite. Any SA GTR owners should keep this guy in mind, he did an excellent job on the WR600....

wr600psca1.jpg

We were so excited that we just had to take it out the track to thumb some Porsches the next day! :)

wr600psca2.jpg

Marko R1    65

those wheels look awesome - what brand & size are they and why didnt you stick with running the oem wheels?

Marko R1    65

Are they still 20inch diameter?

They look very odd with 18s but apparently they are quickest with smaller wheels...is this true martin?

domino_z    15

the US guys have proven better traction on the strip with 18s and chunky sidewall drag radials - but really you need to have slip's kind of power to go through that much hassle

Martin Donnon    0
  • Topic Author
  • For the circuit nothing beats the Advan A005 slick in 20 inch diameter. Its specifically designed for the GTR and is the quickest tyre money can buy for these cars....and we have tried every 18 and 20 inch tyre there is from Carrera Cup through to 888......nothing beats the 20 inch slick :)

Marko R1    65

Couldn't agree with you anymore as it ain't rolling, ITS FLYING!

What a fantastic pic

Probably, but thats life, we know all about inverted flying of R35s :)

I wasn't mocking, I was just teasing because I know the crew at Willall are doing it tough through these hard times of consumer spending and economic depression! I much prefer the look of the latest incarnation anyway to be honest. Well, it looked good from the third row of the grid on Sunday at least :)

Edited by TOMMI MAKINEN

Martin Donnon    0
  • Topic Author
  • I wasn't mocking, I was just teasing because I know the crew at Willall are doing it tough through these hard times of consumer spending and economic depression!

There may be some credence to this statement. At least that would explain why I sold a perfectly good MY09 STi and bought a Toyota 86 to go racing with..... :wub:

Snowman    38

For the circuit nothing beats the Advan A005 slick in 20 inch diameter. Its specifically designed for the GTR and is the quickest tyre money can buy for these cars....and we have tried every 18 and 20 inch tyre there is from Carrera Cup through to 888......nothing beats the 20 inch slick :)

Where do you get the A005's from? Aren't they like $11ty each?