SAU Community

My12 Gtr Wr600 Club Spec

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I cant believe some of the pointless stuff that ends up in these threads, anyway Martin GTR is looking great and its good to see the success you are having with it so far. Cant wait for further updates. Cheers

Cale

Haha I cant believe some of the pointless stuff that ends up in these threads, anyway Martin GTR is looking great and its good to see the success you are having with it so far. Cant wait for further updates. Cheers

Cale

Indeed. I know who'll be getting my GTR when I'm ready to build a beast :)

What's the fastest time this car has run around Mallala on proper R-specs? And was it done with the stock turbos?

For those who can't afford an R35 the F6 is by far the best bang for your buck avaliable in this country, an awesome Australian engineering masterpiece! Oh and yes and before you start throwing rocks at me, obviously on the track it would be a different story.

That depends whether you're talking new or secondhand. R-35's are certainly hard to match straight out of the box against other performance cars (stock vs stock) but once you apply some mods, they are no world beater by any stretch of the imagination around a race track.

To give you an example, there's a fully road registered $20K Evo 6 that still maintains it's factory assembled motor, stock turbo (just bolt on breathing mods), stock brakes etc. that just about has the measure of this GT-R around Mallala. Must be dishearterning to almost be spanked by a 13 year old Lancer :)

Edited by TOMMI MAKINEN

quote -TOMMI MAKINEN

R-35's are certainly hard to match straight out the box (stock vs stock) but once you apply some thoughtful mods, they are no world beater by any stretch of the imagination around a race track.

That doesn't make sense.

To give you an example, there's a fully road registered $20K Evo 6 that still maintains it's factory assembled motor, stock turbo (just bolt on breathing mods), stock brakes etc. that just about has the measure of this GT-R around Mallala. Must be dishearterning to almost be spanked by a 13 year old Lancer

Mate, you are a tosser, "dishearterning to almost be spanked" no it isn't.

Even if it was faster, WTF cares, its a Lancer.

Edited by turboadam

Oh and the R35 is just a Datsun I'm afraid! A very very good one though! Just accept cars for what they are and what they can do no matter how old they are or what they cost! Certainly some R35 owners out there who are just a little bit precious i think! Clarkson had a Lancer on Top Gear, bought it 2nd hand for £4k for one of their challenges, 0 to 100kph in 3.5 seconds and handled like a dream! Great car! Lol I don't know what's easier, reeling you blokes in or fishing for trout down at my local! :)

Edited by GT-R OZ

What's the fastest time this car has run around Mallala on proper R-specs? And was it done with the stock turbos?

That depends whether you're talking new or secondhand. R-35's are certainly hard to match straight out of the box against other performance cars (stock vs stock) but once you apply some mods, they are no world beater by any stretch of the imagination around a race track.

To give you an example, there's a fully road registered $20K Evo 6 that still maintains it's factory assembled motor, stock turbo (just bolt on breathing mods), stock brakes etc. that just about has the measure of this GT-R around Mallala. Must be dishearterning to almost be spanked by a 13 year old Lancer :)

time to put this into perspective - nurburgring lap times on latest make / model :)

Evo X - 7:58

GTR - 7:21

enough said.

Mate, you are a tosser, "dishearterning to almost be spanked" no it isn't.

Even if it was faster, WTF cares, its a Lancer.

Are you positively annoyed friend?? I would be too if I found out I can achieve similar results reliably for 20% of the outlay and still drive it on the road. It's not about what car is better (I am quite fond of R-35's) but you can do it just as well for much cheaper. No need to be all high and mighty because I 'only' drive a Lancer, just like Porsche drivers shouldn't look down on you for driving a Datsun, but I can assure you that they do :)

time to put this into perspective - nurburgring lap times on latest make / model :)

Evo X - 7:58

GTR - 7:21

enough said.

You didn't read what I said - Stock vs stock, R-35's are virtually unbeatable.

Edited by TOMMI MAKINEN

Lol I don't know what's easier, reeling you blokes in or fishing for trout down at my local! :)

probably even easier if you invested in one of these instead of wearing out your shift and 1 keys

4843940130_2a39b23a05.jpg

Edited by domino_z

It’s amusing when guys get on here and talk about how good cars other than the GTR’s are, when they don’t actually own those cars, nor drive them back to back against the R35.

Both my F6’s would clean up my R35 the other side of 100mph, having done 138mph in manual & 132 (flat 11.) in ZF auto down the quarter, so would my STi with the same power as my GTR and 450kg less weight. Given that the only time these speeds are done is at the strip it is an irrelevant comparison. F6’s are good cars, basically taxis (my daily driver), and can go very fast after appropriate mods. But my GTR is near stock, with exhaust and cleanup tune, but something like a W600 upgrade it would be very different. Good launch AND good top end, and low 10 second pass in street trim.

What the people running 11 second times in F6’s don’t tell you is that they have to run wide MT tyres because they can’t get traction.

I owned a VL Calais turbo from ’88 to ’96; great car in it’s day with T04 turbo, but ultimately no traction, braking or handling.

None are anything near the class or complete package of the R35. Nothing brings more of a smile to my face than driving off in the R35 after getting out of my other turbo cars. None can accelerate anything like the R35. ZF trans is a great trans, but no match for a dsg.

My son, who is an Evo devotee, and recently came 2nd outright in the Evo nationals, was pleasantly surprised just how good the R35 was around the track on stock brakes and tyres with 1:05 around Wakefield. GTR stock pads are not track friendly.

Very good package you have here Martin with the W600.

Brian

Edited by bcl