SAU Community

My12 Gtr Wr600 Club Spec

you have broken into 1.5s for your 60footer which is simply incredible!

my previous r32gtr which had 320awkw (street car) & knowing that the r32 is only 1450kg which is light in comparison to the r35 (what do they weigh?), i was running MT drag radials & launching off the limiter took me to my PB @ 1.5s

...you have just about matched that with street tyres, btw u have a beautiful package (that doesn't sound right hehe)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like toyo 888's + volk g2's

i went out to do a 60-130mph pull and was loosing traction in 3rd and 4th with my 21" yoki advans - im going to grab a set of michelin super sports asap

grip with my yoki's has just fallen off so quickly, 2nd gear is pretty much useless in this dry cold weather

Edited by domino_z

looks like toyo 888's + volk g2's

i went out to do a 60-130mph pull and was loosing traction in 3rd and 4th with my 21" yoki advans - im going to grab a set of michelin super sports asap

grip with my yoki's has just fallen off so quickly, 2nd gear is pretty much useless in this dry cold weather

what an awesome problem to have :)

Martin what wheel and tyre combination have you fitted in these pics?

Domino was right

Toyo R888 tyres on Volk G2 black rims, 10.5 front, 11 rear

WR600 has a black/black theme going, even has the black carbon Velo race seat and black harnesses :)

my1220.jpg

Now we have the tuning where we want it the WR600 will be back at the strip next meeting on some fresh boots to run down a 9 second pass. The Syvecs management system truly allows some amazing advances in tuning these cars, like the ability to have traction control that keeps the car totally under control in the wet, so very very different to factory :)

Yes it would be I believe Domino.

Running a 9 is no burning desire for us though, been there and done that many times with the older GTRs before and know the procedure fairly well. It will be given a go, but not as a priority if you like.

We certainly wont get involved in the US game of winding the things up till they go 9s or splatter conrods all over the track just to post a timeslip on a forum. In our opinion GTR is about much more than that. 400m times are interesting, but about 1/10th of the GTR story :)

Yes it would be I believe Domino.

Running a 9 is no burning desire for us though, been there and done that many times with the older GTRs before and know the procedure fairly well. It will be given a go, but not as a priority if you like.

We certainly wont get involved in the US game of winding the things up till they go 9s or splatter conrods all over the track just to post a timeslip on a forum. In our opinion GTR is about much more than that. 400m times are interesting, but about 1/10th of the GTR story :)

You only have to look over @ NAGTROC to see the tranny failures and other issues, and of course 99% of them on big power mods and owners wondering why it broke LOL... Good to finally see someone with their head screwed on Re: Power modding :)

US Tuners/vendors are victims of the typical American consumer - I'm sure if they wanted to they could focus on circuit setups vs drag, but the typical American thinks bigger is better and will happily pay for it, so they're stuck competing with each other for dyno number thread glory and drag times

Edited by domino_z

Martin I assume you opened the box, what parts have Nissan changed to quieten/smoothen the drivetrain noises?

Now that I'm not driving the GTR as much, the noises are alot more noticeable

Edited by domino_z

Some installation shots of the WR600 MY12 Willall Racing/Whiteline suspension tweaks (note on earlier models we change the spring/damper combination as well)

Camber offset bushes installed in top arms

my1231.jpg

With the camber bushes and castor bushes in place the MY12 can deliver -3 degrees negative camber in the front end, which is preferable for fast track work, and still be dialled out for street dutires

my1232.jpg

Front roll bar stifness has been changed to stop the car kneeling over on the outside loaded tyre, which is a major contributor to the beating the GTR gives its front tyres at the track, and a major contributor to understeer

my1233.jpg

Upgraded rear bar balances the effect of the front sway bar change to keep the chassis neutral

my1234.jpg