SAU Community

Our New Dr30. Our Old Prince Skyline Gt

clubracer

Apologies for the lack of updates. Work, marriage proprosals and a new house have stopped work, but coming into Xmas there will be some more updates.

Since the last update, one rear guard has been cut and the inner guard beaten to match the profile and give more clearance. Still need to do the other side.

I have purchased a nice steam pipe manifold for the new Borg Warner EFR turbo that is also coming (hopefully for Xmas).

The engine is out and will be off for a bottom end build with higher compression (9.5:1) and the head freshened up.

Steering box is also out for a rebuild. While the engine is out I'm hoping to get the rolling shell off to get some of the panel work done ready to pop everything back in, in the new year.

Photos to follow soon...

Ordered new pistons today. 9.5:1 should mean some good bottom end and response. Engine should be built in January. Also purchased a steam pipe manifold for the Borg Warner EFR that I'll be using. Ideally the car will feel more like an NA car with good response, not a huge amount of power. Limiting it to 350hp as I'll be running a standard box with Kameari close ratio gear set.

Got a guy starting next week to cut out the rust that I failed to do well, and he'll give the inside and engine bay a coat of paint.

The plan is to have the car running for my birthday in March... fingers crossed....

Ordered new pistons today. 9.5:1 should mean some good bottom end and response. Engine should be built in January. Also purchased a steam pipe manifold for the Borg Warner EFR that I'll be using. Ideally the car will feel more like an NA car with good response, not a huge amount of power. Limiting it to 350hp as I'll be running a standard box with Kameari close ratio gear set.

Got a guy starting next week to cut out the rust that I failed to do well, and he'll give the inside and engine bay a coat of paint.

The plan is to have the car running for my birthday in March... fingers crossed....

So I guess what you wanted from me is a NO GO huh?

i take it the Kameari gear set will only handle 350hp?

If so thats a shame i was thinking of them as an alternative to spending the same money on an RB25box of unknown condition.

Goodluck with the build!

Glenn,

I have a VG30 Z32 box you can have at a good price

I can see a lot of WANKER factor in this car build!

I must be really missing something in what I read ................

IP regs state uprights are free, so I can run anything as long as I don't run spherical bearings etc.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

........................ your bump steer kit has SPHERICAL BEARINGS?????????

Based on the PJR Group A cars which in race trip produced over 400HP using the factory turbo & manifold and fitting 17 x 9 Castalloy rims under original factory carriagework. You getting this Peter, no FLAIRS, no PIPE MANIFOLD, no After Market TURBO, and more HP than your using?????????

Further to this, you got in touch with me about the FJ20 engine I have in bits, sent me text messages that you WILL NOT BE DICKING ME AROUND, but would not come out to buy, without somebody holding your hand to make sure you had everything you needed, you asked me to wait till you came back from the US, which I did and you made promises that you were still interested and still wanted to buy, I even sent you a list of the parts which was similar to the list that appears in this thread back on about page 2, bored block, ARIAS pistons & rings, crank, spool rods, 2 x cylinder heads, 2 x rocker covers, flywheel, sandwich plate, front housing, inlet manifold cam pulleys and various nuts & bolts, plus brand new in the box Siemens Dekka 570cc 14mm o'ring injectors along with whatever bits you needed off the motor in the car for the princely sum of $2000.00.

Now you don't answer your phone, you don't return text messages, you just ignore me completely. SO YOU HAVE BEEN DICKING ME AROUND ALL THE TIME EH?????????????????????????????????????

YOU'RE A DOG and should be out chasing cars barking at tyres instead of building one.

I could have supplied you with genuine ex Japan DR30 guard flairs, but you bought Corolla ones and have to BOG 'EM to fit, I have a new Exedy 4 puck clutch you could have had cheap, but not your style huh!

Hope your happy, because I think your just another cashed up, would be if he could be WANKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Am glad am not dealing with you any further Dennis. Good luck with moving on your parts.

Moving right along, am having someone with a lot more skill than myself finish off the rust repairs. Just too busy around this time to actually get anything done.

Pistons with 9.5:1 comp ratio (as opposed to the 8:1 that most rebuild kits offer) should mean it can tuned up nicely. Was considering E85 but I think it'll just run pump 98 so its easy to get.

With some helping hands the plan is to have the car on the track by March.

To Dennis' defence I didn't return his calls for various reasons, so it was my fault, but I did wait for a fair while (a few weeks) for him to call me. I couldn't wait and wanted a different spec engine so I went ahead and purchased other pistons. I got busy with work and work is priority (I wish it wasn't, but something has to help pay for Skyline).

Wow, I didn't see that coming. Am glad am not dealing with you any further Dennis. Good luck with moving on your parts.

Me tooo! certainly got you crossed off my list permanently and think I have a home for it all and just took one phone call.

:verymad: Waaaaah im going to cry like a little girl because somebody didn't buy my parts. Lame!!

Go away little girl!

It has nothing to do with selling parts, but everything to do with a little common courtesy of which Peter displayed, he has none of. All he had to do was say he didn't want any of it and it was over, but what I got was lots of empty promises.

AND mister Abdul11, you're looking for R33 parts for a track build, well sucked in, I probably have half of what you want and could get the rest if needed, but you can go suck eggs.

Enjoy!

So sorry mate. I really didnt mean to be a troll. I really need parts. Could we please kiss and make up so I can have some parts?....

eeeeehhhhhh Paging everyone who needs parts, that's everyone who needs parts. Be advised that Ghostrider (12 year old fan boy nickname) is the only person who has parts. If you need parts, please ensure you are in his good books and dont be unkind to his oh so fragile self. Otherwise your track, street or any other car will be lacking parts as he is the only one who has parts for sale. Dont bother asking any other forum member, wrecker, parts shop or any of the other 1 million avenues of obtaining parts, as he is the only one who will have the parts you want. Repeat, do not be unkind to ghostrider or you may find yourself sucking delicious eggs.

Thank you for your attention. Over and out.

So sorry mate. I really didnt mean to be a troll. I really need parts. Could we please kiss and make up so I can have some parts?....

eeeeehhhhhh Paging everyone who needs parts, that's everyone who needs parts. Be advised that Ghostrider (12 year old fan boy nickname) is the only person who has parts. If you need parts, please ensure you are in his good books and dont be unkind to his oh so fragile self. Otherwise your track, street or any other car will be lacking parts as he is the only one who has parts for sale. Dont bother asking any other forum member, wrecker, parts shop or any of the other 1 million avenues of obtaining parts, as he is the only one who will have the parts you want. Repeat, do not be unkind to ghostrider or you may find yourself sucking delicious eggs.

Thank you for your attention. Over and out.

You did & your dead for it! Enjoy!

You can take your smart arse comments and put them where your mother never kissed you for mine. Your the looser, not me! You want & now you got to find them so have a nice day!

I have all the gauges you would ever need, Japanese out of my DR 2nd hand including all fittings, or new VDO. The VDO are sensor driven & therefore better in my opinion, but some disagree and the Japanese are mostly capillary style. And 300ZX ECU's, but your never going to get them from me.

If Peter had have bothered, he would have found I have a relatively new Adaptronics ECU that was in my DR30 complete with wiring harness, set up by Mark at MRC Dyno, Castle Hill for FJ20 who was my tuner, but as usual he chose to operate in a way that he looses, interesting attitude I think. I have 2 Adaptronic ECU's, but I'll find a use for them soon enough.

Far to many dickheads on SAU now as you're just one and that's why I don't come here very often

Okay so probably best to get back on topic.

Had a guy come out and start on the rust that I was really struggling with. He did in 4 hours what would have taken me about 4 months. Just a few more sections to weld up then time to grind it all back and paint it up. Would love to get the whole car painted but I think for the moment it'll just be the engine bay and inside the car.

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg