SAU Community

Vauxhall Insignia Vx-R - More Loin-Warming Goodness

Iron Chef

Ok I've got a workshop keen to take on a test car, so let me know if you're interested. Expect a price tag around $40K for a 2-3 year old car with 30-40,000km on it.

The good stuff:

2.8 litre turbo V6, 239kW and 435Nm

6 speed manual or 6 speed tiptronic auto

Adaptive AWD with electronic rear diff

HiPer Strut suspension

FlexRide adjustable suspension with three settings

Brembo brakes

Leather Recaro interior

Available in sedan, hatch and wagon.

Opel-Insignia_OPC_2010_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Opel-Insignia_OPC_2010_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpgvauxhall-insignia-vxr-07.jpg

vauxhall-insignia-vxr-05.jpg

heya chef as per facebook. great looking car. any of them have sunroof? trying to look at specs but not very much luck, most seem to me manual also

Interested.

Was looking at importing one of these a few years back....did'nt think it was possible?

Pricing in UK seems to start around 16'000 pounds, if so, by my rather dodgy calcs that should see it landed for $35600 ish plus compliance etc or close to your $40'000

Personally im interested in a Manual Black wagon, say this one, using my dodgy calcs again, $52600 landed, so under 60k driveaway?

These are what Holden Aus had the opportunity to import but went with Korea instead yeah?

If Holden sold these; who would even break stride to look at a Commodore?

These are what Holden Aus had the opportunity to import but went with Korea instead yeah?

Yep, these replaced the Vectra, and Holden opted for the Epica instead...

Interested.

Was looking at importing one of these a few years back....did'nt think it was possible?

Pricing in UK seems to start around 16'000 pounds, if so, by my rather dodgy calcs that should see it landed for $35600 ish plus compliance etc or close to your $40'000

Personally im interested in a Manual Black wagon, say this one, using my dodgy calcs again, $52600 landed, so under 60k driveaway?

That would be correct based on those prices in the UK. Let me know if you're keen.

If Holden sold these; who would even break stride to look at a Commodore?

The problem was, in terms of price, they would've been more expensive than the Commodore, so Holden execs presumed no-one would look at them. The market has changed a fair bit though, and big cars are now on the nose.

Exactly, the price (and spec level) would've placed it above their "Halo" (V8 SS/SSV sedan & sportwagon variants) product; thus moving to the top of the heap.

They would've effectively short circuited their core product, which as you say; is doing it fairly tough now.

I wonder if it's starting to look better to the beancounters now?

That would be correct based on those prices in the UK. Let me know if you're keen.

Oh I was and am keen, but I showed the Mrs....who drives a Black Skoda vRS wagon atm....and she says it is NO different to what shes driving now.......does not want.

Bloody women!

I will wear her down.