SAU Community

Advanced Car Control Course - 15 Sept - Tailem Bend

Bec

Skylines Australia Victoria is proudly sponsored by Driver Dynamics and has had an ongoing relationship for years now.

DD is heading over to SA to do some promotion of road safety and run some courses. I thought that some of you might be interested in this Advanced Driving course:

Super Special Discounted Advanced Car Control Course

Saturday 15th September 2012 at Tailem Bend Motorsport Park

Driver Dynamics will be hosting a specially discounted Advanced Car Control Course at Tailem Bend Motorsport Park on Saturday 15th September 2012 .

This course is suited to all drivers and is focused on raising the drivers awareness of vehicle dynamics and advanced vehicle control skills.

The format is very much ‘hands on’, with the emphasis on practical driving exercises including, highway-speed emergency braking, wet corner emergency braking, emergency lane changing, multiple direction changes, vehicle stability, understeer and oversteer exercises, etc.

The nature of this course will allow the participants the opportunity to explore ‘high end’ vehicle control skills at the critical limit.

Regardless of your previous driving experience you will learn lots on this program !

The theory component of this course includes an in depth analysis of advanced vehicle dynamics including the introduction and understanding of the Traction Circle.

This course will be conducted by full-time professional, qualified advanced driving instructors and will be lead by Driver Dynamics CEO Kevin Flynn.

This is a full day course starting at 9am and concluding at 4.00pm.

Note that this is not a trackday, there is no circuit lapping.

You don’t need a helmet or any special modifications to your car.

No spectators are permitted and will be refused entry.

Normally drivers would expect to pay $315 for this course, but we’re offering this date for only $199.00 per driver.

No further discounts will apply to this course

Positions for this course are limited, so if you’d like to attend please call 1300 652 693 to book.

If anyone else is keen, I'll give the place a call and book it - will need to know numbers asap - can anyone interested in this pls PM me by the 7th of June and I'll see what I can arrange.....

-D

yeah im keen i reckon they will want individual bookings though

OK, I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and find out and let ya know if its individual or not.

-D

For a day like this would it be best to run in rwd?

I guess it depends on the end goal? Ie if you disable awd to drift or motokhana then I'd imagine that its best to get taught with the same setup?

That said, it'd be cool to do the same course with the same car in rwd and then awd... would really give you some idea of what the awd does...

-D

Snip

The format is very much ‘hands on’, with the emphasis on practical driving exercises including, highway-speed emergency braking, wet corner emergency braking, emergency lane changing, multiple direction changes, vehicle stability, understeer and oversteer exercises, etc.

The nature of this course will allow the participants the opportunity to explore ‘high end’ vehicle control skills at the critical limit.

Regardless of your previous driving experience you will learn lots on this program !

/Snip

having awd will make it a little hard to practice what they want to achieve with oversteer

also agree would be very beneficial to complete in both awd mode and rwd

• 2 months later...