SAU Community

Wont Rev Past 2000Rpm... Help?

Guys,

Looking for some advice.

My car did this last week after getting fuel (98)/ It woulnt rev past 2000rpm no matter if you selected any gear/neautral.I Suspected fuel but now I am not sure as its spot on 2000rpm and when you hit that limit it drops down to say 1000rpm and goes back up.

Anyway I went to show my next door neighbour whos a mechanic after it had been sitting for a while (maybe 1/2 hour) as he suspected an air leak but it ran fine a didnt do it at all.

Now that was a week ago and its been fine since then but low & behold it started today.. It started fine and i drove done the shops 10 mins so the car wasnt evenn warm. Stoped in that shop for 15mins & started again for 5 mins in another shop and when I got in again then it started just checked the temp and it got to 68 degrees so not even fully warm

I have cleaned the AFM & connector with contact cleaner as I suspect something along this line but I am by no mean mechanically minded.I am not sure what should happen even if you unplug the AFM while running?

Now the car has the following mods...

Nistune Z32 ECU

Z32 AFM

660 injectors

SS1pu Turbo

Solid turbo inlet piping (made by Scotty) to air box (hopefully see him tonight to resolder AFM plug wires??)

Yellow Jacket coils

Throw some ideas at me please?

Regards,

Darren

Ps:attached a short video of whats happening when just revving the car in neautral

Car Rev.wmv

Just bring the AFM down, I will cut it open and re-solder the pins. Hopefully that's all it is mate. :)

If not it's Z32 + tune time...

your a good bloke mate! Respect! ;)

• 1 month later...