SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Front Chassis Brace

Daleo

Sorry about the delay in getting these completed after the little tempter on Scotty's car.

As some of you may know; this is a copy of the OX Motortsport Chassis brace. Mine are TIG welded in Chromoly tube (as opposed to the alloy construction of the OX Motorsport version) and painted black.

The weight of these is almost identical to the Alloy version.

It really stiffens up the front end of the M35, allowing your suspension & swaybars to work their best.

It is a great value little mod, that is basically invisible once fitted.

It comes with all mounting hardware and can be fitted at home with basic hand tools in around 20 mins.

I have some completed, and waiting paint right now, and I'm asking $150 each; delivered anywhere in Australia. They'll be ready to go early next week.

Pics straight off the jig;

post-61153-0-32259300-1338781669_thumb.jpg post-61153-0-71556800-1338781717_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-73489600-1338781820_thumb.jpg

post-61153-0-38782800-1338781747_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-35672600-1338781771_thumb.jpgpost-61153-0-05764300-1338781794_thumb.jpg

There is another brace for the centre of the rear subframe, but it is extremely labour intensive to manufacture, and I'm not comfortable with the price what I'd need to charge to make it worthwhile.

If there is enough interest, I will also be manufacturing a brace for the rear mounting points of the rear crossmember, but this will be a little further down the track.

Let me know in this thread, or by PM if you would like one of these.

Also; A big thanks to both Iain for his generosity in loaning me the braces, and Craig for his assistance.

Edited by Daleo

no worries mate

and i have to say that the front one is the most dramatic once installed. the back becomes more predictable with the rear one installed.

guy's this is instantly noticeable........for those of you with stupidly firm BC suspension you may need to back off your shock rates a little.

It's my favourite upgrade other than the sway bars......it's basically the same improvement again.

MOOOORRRRREEEE G'SSSSSSS

Whew! Spent the whole day in the garage, giving my Ebay TIG welder a hiding!

All PM's replied, and people who requested PM's; check your inbox.

Thanks for your support everyone; I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers, Dale.

Count me in. I'll be in for the rear crossmember brace too if you do one. Any possibility of a strut brace that fits around the raised plenum?

Anyone interested in a GB for the OX centre rear subframe bar if Dale isn't making them? Should be this one: http://www.oxmotorsports.co.jp/7_9.html

At current exchange rates they're ~$170 plus shipping. I guess getting the bends right is the big issue Dale?

Count me in. I'll be in for the rear crossmember brace too if you do one. Any possibility of a strut brace that fits around the raised plenum?

Anyone interested in a GB for the OX centre rear subframe bar if Dale isn't making them? Should be this one: http://www.oxmotorsp....co.jp/7_9.html

At current exchange rates they're ~$170 plus shipping. I guess getting the bends right is the big issue Dale?

Ok Ryan, you might have to wait a couple of weeks, as I've sold all eight that I have completed. The demand is more than I was expecting.

Yeah, the issue is putting quite tight bends in such thin wall tubing without collapsing the wall. To keep them light, I'm using 1.6mm wall CrMo tube; it's fearsomely stiff, so I have to lay a decent bit of heat into it to bend it without kinking. I've made a couple of dies for the bender, but I'm just not very happy with the result.

Ok Ryan, you might have to wait a couple of weeks, as I've sold all eight that I have completed. The demand is more than I was expecting.

Yeah, the issue is putting quite tight bends in such thin wall tubing without collapsing the wall. To keep them light, I'm using 1.6mm wall CrMo tube; it's fearsomely stiff, so I have to lay a decent bit of heat into it to bend it without kinking. I've made a couple of dies for the bender, but I'm just not very happy with the result.

No worries Dale, no mad panic.

Figures with the bends. Worth doing or should we look at OX?

No worries Dale, no mad panic.

Figures with the bends. Worth doing or should we look at OX?

If you want to go OX with those, I can sort the others.

Cool, thanks. I'll wait to hear from you on the others, and I'll see if anyone else is interested in the third bar.

Looking forward to another package expertly wrapped by your kids! :rofl2: