SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Front Chassis Brace

Daleo

Ok, update.

I've received some payments, so thanks very much to those of you who forwarded so quickly. :thumbsup:

I'm currently painting (and trying to dry in cold conditions :rant:), so we should be on track for a mid week post run. This will hopefully see everyone braced up by the weekend, or very early next week.

Thanks again for your support, and if anyone else would like one; I'm planning another run in around 2 weeks.

You can already get the Freeway Dolphin ones, and they do stiffen up the front quite substantially, but if you plan on running a plenum spacer there isn't anything available.

If you were going to get something, you'd have to get it to go behind the plenum. There's a little bit of room back there, but not sure if you could design something stiff enough with that many bends?

hey dale,

Totally off topic but how bout underbonnet strut brace. Would you be doing one or a group buy of these in the future?? If so im in...

You can already get the Freeway Dolphin ones, and they do stiffen up the front quite substantially, but if you plan on running a plenum spacer there isn't anything available.

If you were going to get something, you'd have to get it to go behind the plenum. There's a little bit of room back there, but not sure if you could design something stiff enough with that many bends?

^^^^^This.

The issue ends up being able to get enough stiffness when you applying the forces to the strut tower from so far back.

All of the reading I've done into Double A arm suspensions, suggests that they don't benefit from strut braces in the same way that McPherson strut style set ups do.

Because of the action of the suspension; the forces tend not to push the strut towers toward each other in the same way as a McPherson strut set up. Not saying that there isn't any benefit (there obviously is)just that the improvement is much less apparent.

Also, I can't really see a way to do it without tagging back to the firewall; which I'm really lax to do. I don't imagine many people are going to want to drill holes in their firewall to fit a strut brace.

Also the degree of complexity, and the number of parts; starts to push the price past what people are prepared to spend.

Edited by Daleo

I don't think you would significantly notice the strut brace in isolation, but when you pair it with the sway bars, coilovers, etc, it makes a difference.

Mine turns in significantly better than a number of others, and that was before I changed all the bushes, and before the under body bracing. It feels unbelievable, and I've had guys drive mine, and be passengers, and they can't believe the way it changes direction.

Sure, its no MX-5, but it's about 800kg heavier, and its designed for people who actually have friends/a life.

Sure, its no MX-5, but it's about 800kg heavier, and its designed for people who actually have friends/a life.

and don't cut hair for a living

And have legs. :whistling:

Just picked up my "Super Deluxe Cool-Style Spec Daleo Chassis Brace" from the post office! :woot:

I think I'll be doing some installation tomorrow morning...

Nice one mate; Auspost finally understand they must deliver MY parts the fastest. :yes:

Have fun mate; let me know what you think of the improvement!

I must say, this is simply and utterly

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

All of 10 minutes to fit it including jacking up the stag

Mine is completely standard apart from some really soft Japanese coil overs which came with the car, but my god what a difference it makes, confidently turns in, very noticible

Great work Dale ;)