SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Front Chassis Brace

Daleo

Lol... didn't think of bending the roll. I shoved the two large stainless washers in there to clear the roll, and tightened it up. Seems OK. I'll have a look tomorrow and re-adjust if needed. Felt that the bolt had come through level to the nylock, plus a bit of locktite on it.

Thoughts Dale?

Alex, I think it's better if the bar end is in direct contact with the bracket.

A washer in between will allow the surfaces to fret against each other; rather than the bar biting hard into the chassis bracket for the maximum benefit.

You shouldn't need Loctite due to the Nyloc nut.

Dale, I'll be interested in one front brace please mate... for the V35. Will fit them perfectly so maybe also post this in the V section if you haven't already done so.

Also, I have some additional bracing on my car - front brace on there already - not OX though, OX mid brace and a couple of other braces that I will send you the dimensions and pics of so you can have a look at possibly making them up also ;)

Coupled with the Bilsteins explains why my car corners so well although I'm still interested in the rear brace you are drawing up.

Dale, I'll be interested in one front brace please mate... for the V35. Will fit them perfectly so maybe also post this in the V section if you haven't already done so.

Also, I have some additional bracing on my car - front brace on there already - not OX though, OX mid brace and a couple of other braces that I will send you the dimensions and pics of so you can have a look at possibly making them up also ;)

Coupled with the Bilsteins explains why my car corners so well although I'm still interested in the rear brace you are drawing up.

Got your PM mate; I'm going to have to look at those...

These will go on a sedan yeah, got BC's on the hardest setting possible and need more stiffness.

You boys wouldn't know where to get a front strut brace that fits over the top of coiloverss

Do you have the V1 or BR coilovers? im guessing the V1s as the BR on most firm setting will probably break your back and crack the chassis lol

These will go on a sedan yeah, got BC's on the hardest setting possible and need more stiffness.

You boys wouldn't know where to get a front strut brace that fits over the top of coiloverss

Yes, the front one will fit a V35 sedan as will the mid OX brace (look for the group buy).

check US ebay, there are lots of them

Installed mine this morning and all I can say is WOW!! my nm35 only has nismo s-tune and this chassis brace so far but the way the car turns into corners and the amount of flex that has gone is unbelieveable. Great mod. I didnt have any issues with that roll people are talking about. Dale you are the chassis god... No offence scotty.... For those who are humming and harring over this get on it and get some stiffness!!!!

Installed mine this morning and all I can say is WOW!! my nm35 only has nismo s-tune and this chassis brace so far but the way the car turns into corners and the amount of flex that has gone is unbelieveable. Great mod. I didnt have any issues with that roll people are talking about. Dale you are the chassis god... No offence scotty.... For those who are humming and harring over this get on it and get some stiffness!!!!

No offence taken, we knew this would work just not how well. I didn't have the time to put into manufacturing them so Dale picked up the sales. OX had already done the hard work. :)

I agree, best bang for buck mod you can do atm.

Great Mod. After trying out the handling "extensively" cost for benefit this is pretty much right up there with sway bars, if not a little better.

The ability to put it into some corners that I would have thought it would wash out into understeer, but then for it to stick and stay flat - outstanding.

Bravo Dale.

ps. Dale, your car handles. By the look in the mirror, I wasn't going to shake it!

Hey Josh, Glad you like it mate; I must say I was pretty surprised when I fitted it to my car too. As people are finding out; it's amazing what you can get the car to do.

As Scotty says; I can't take credit for the design, all I did was glue some metal together. :P

Great Mod. After trying out the handling "extensively" cost for benefit this is pretty much right up there with sway bars, if not a little better.

The ability to put it into some corners that I would have thought it would wash out into understeer, but then for it to stick and stay flat - outstanding.

Bravo Dale.

ps. Dale, your car handles. By the look in the mirror, I wasn't going to shake it!

We definitely had a nice run through to the lighthouse; and our suspension set ups are very similar, so it was definitely an even match. :thumbsup:

It was pretty cool watching you get the punch off the corner; even though I was already on the throttle, waiting for it to dig in, then closing the gap to you.

I credit the extra degree of timing... I think I'd like a little bit more power though. ;)

I'm organising material this week for the next run of bars. :whistling:

You used glue? Why didn't I think of that. Would save me a fortune in argon. :)

Glueing with fire; and possibly some Argon... ;)

Just remind me to take that timing out before you decide to go for a tune, once that stage happens. Was defiantly good fun punching through corners. Need more torques though, and I'd love it to be linear right to the redline. At the moment it comes off hard at 6k. Got to remove some fuel I think from the top of the map.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys; material for the next round of braces has arrived and I'm looking to start producing again next week. :banana:

I have a few PM's from people who wanted in for the next run, so if you're still interested; could you please confirm with me; and I can send payment details out to you. ;)

Thanks for your patience guys. :thumbsup: