SAU Community

Fs [Qld] Hi End/audiophile Car Stereo Gear (Audison, Treo, Brax)

Due to the realisation that I'll probably never get around to using this gear now I am going to put it all up for sale.

Beautiful looking amps and really look quite classy in a good install when lit up.

All gear is located on Sunshine Coast in QLD.

I have very poor mobile phone reception at home and work long hours (5am to 9pm) so please express interest via pm or replies here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First item is an Audison VRx 2.150.EX Amplifier

Last one of these I saw for sale was for offers over $1000.

The new LR.x stereo amplifiers are over $1000 new and nowhere near as nice sounding or looking as these special edition VRx amps. I think the 2 channel was in the vicinity of $2000 new.

Here are some pictures to tell the rest of the story.

Full specs can be seen in photo from manual below.

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Hard to say what these are worth due to the rarity of seeing them up for sale but would take $700 plus post or if you have seen another for sale in similar condition with the same bits and pieces in australia for cheaper and can send me a link I may entertain an offer closer to that price.

At this price it includes the ACB (class A) module which gives a nicer sound but makes the amp run warmer, as well as the other HL24 module pictured.

Comes in original box as pictured complete with manual, gloves, all documentation etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VRx 1.500.EX

Comes with cooling fan addon modules which I have rarely seen for sale.

Perfect for running big subs. Can do 2000WRMS at 1ohm stable no trouble at all (see photo from manual below)

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Paid over $1000 for this second hand which was a bargain given the new price and quality of these amps. Will take $700 plus post for this complete with the cooling fan kit or willing to entertain offers if you can show me where one has sold with same parts and similar condition for less.

Treo SSX 12" Sub

I did a heap of research before pulling the trigger on the purchase of this sub. Was throwing up between this and an Image Dynamics at the time and ended up going with the Treo.

I have only used for probably not even an hour since buying this new from FHRX. I don't think it would even be burnt in yet. Is a hefty sub and probably the heaviest and most solidly built 12" sub I have ever picked up.

Will handle 2000WRMS with ease. Ran this at 1 ohm off the VRx 1.500.EX for about a week before changing plans and pulling all the audio out of my S15 and stripping it for the track.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

Very difficult to find second hand let alone in mint condition like this example. Paid $1100 new.

Asking $600 plus post otherwise I'll probably just keep it as a very effective paperweight :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last item is 2 x 1F Brax Capacitors

One is in the original timber box with manual, other is by itself.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

Will take $200 for the pair posted or reasonable offers.

Wow, some really cool stuff there. i use to import some Treo back in the day and can vouch for these subs. Everybody should know the quality of Audison too. Freakin awesome gear. Very cheap. Hell id buy it if we wernt about to have our second child.

Good luck. Free bump. Is it on caa or mea or whatever it is nowdays?

Hi David,

Thanks for your comments.

I originally bought the amps from MEA however I haven't been on there for a while.

Might be worth getting back on there to advertise this gear you think?

It is really nice gear and I would be happy to keep hold of it in case one day I get a nice daily worth installing it into however it's going to waste sitting in my wardrobe!

Thanks

Jamie

Yeh, not many of the sau community are doof heads. You also have really top notch gear and most would rather spend that going faster not slower.

I actually had soem luck on bay selling my last dd 9515. ended up sending it to some pacific island. freight was steep but the bloke had money and wanted good gear.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not really sure how much luck I'll have here, but this is still sitting in my house and I'm getting sick of walking past it.

Will sell the lot for $2000 and throw in another Audison VR series amp, a Pioneer amp I have here and a box full of high end Audison speaker cable, power cable, distribution blocks and fuses.

Only catch is buyer pays for post unless they can pickup, which would be preferred.

If it doesn't sell I'll put on eBay and post up a link.

• 6 months later...

Brax caps are sold.

Feel free to pm me an offer with whatever price for the gear you're interested in. If its too low/offensive I'll just say no or $x more and I'll let it go.

Had an ad on MEAA or whatever it's called now, paid for the ad and the rules are misleading in the way that the ads removed once your subscription expires. It's quite dodgy now if you ask me.