SAU Community

My First Skyline

tripsteady

Hi Guys

New to the forums and fairly new to cars.

I'm also new to owning a skyline , just purchased an r33 gts25t on Saturday.

Owned a ma70 supra for two years , rebuilt the engine , toda r cams, forgies, honed, decked and bored , metal head gasket, basically built the 7mgte for some massive power , hopefully in the vicinity of 350rwkw. After putting the engine back in the problems that come with a 26 year old car started to steer me towards disaster. $15 000 and 2 years later and Im still not at my goal of 350rwkw , just an r154 + standalone to go , but I realised that as I increased the power , the weaker components where starting to break.

theshot.jpg

02032011692.jpg

150620118131.jpg

2011-12-10184322.jpg

2011-12-10153841.jpg

2012-02-04144402.jpg

2012-02-04145506.jpg

2012-03-11133435.jpg

siderim-1.jpg

2012-04-22094440.jpg

2012-04-22100942.jpg

2012-04-22101850.jpg

2012-01-22182303.jpg

2012-01-22164216.jpg

I needed a reliable daily driver that I could do some spirited driving and the Supra wasnt it.

Ive always had a fascination with Skylines, but ever since the r33 gts25t's became so common(most bogans with a rat tail own one) I began to steer away from them for a few years.

Once the p plate laws kicked in this "fad" seemed to subside and I saw very few decent looking turbo skylines around. After reaching my wits end with the Supra, I purchased a blue-black Skyline on Saturday and havn't looked back since. 115 k's on the clock , absolutely immaculate , stock as a rock(except for a tip).The way it sits , the sleek lines of the body and the sound of that RB brings me to the verge of insane happiness.

Took this at the dealership and parked the car at my parents while waiting for transfer rego and insurance so haven't had a chance to drive it yet ( drove it home in the wet and didn't want to give it to much). I'l take better pics and update this on Friday but wanted to share my enthusiasm with the forum now :)

2012-05-26141009.jpg

2012-05-26140958.jpg

2012-05-26140958.jpg

2012-05-26140942.jpg

In order to not be one of those annoying noobs , Ive read the faq's ,the general maintenance section and used the search button as much as I could to answer my inane questions.

It took me 30min to find the battery in the car last night , how embarrassing....never knew they where in the boot stock.

I'm sure I'l have a thousand other questions but promise to use the search function first before I annoy the more senior ones around here.

Mods I plan

- full service , flush and replace all fluids

- remove crappy rims and replace with Volks from Supra

- exhaust & intake

- front mount intercooler

- coilovers - need to get that "flush" stance

- ebc , wideband gauge , turn boost up to just below fuel cut

- sub , 6x9's , jvc headunit

That should keep me happy for the next 6 months or so

This looks like a good community(far less aggressive and tolerant than the supra community) and I look forward to joining it.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Tripsteady

Edited by tripsteady

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to SAU tripsteady

Looks like a tidy unit you just purchased i also jumped ship from toyota (GT4 celica,AE82 20v) to a skyline as there seems to be far more readily available parts and knowledge on them than toyotas and havent looked back and i have since built my car up from 120rwkw to 336rwkw from the knowledge and advice gained from this GREAT forum :thumbsup:

Happy modifying :banana:

Sounds like you're on your way to not posting random annoying as f**k questions.

Newbs take note.

Welcome to the dark side.

Or is Nissan the light side?

Anyway.

Wasteland is where we hangout until we have something slightly Skyline related to post.

Then we venture out, eyes all a squint, hearts a flutter, into the knowledgeable pit of information that has amassed here.

Have fun...

Welcome to SAU tripsteady

Looks like a tidy unit you just purchased i also jumped ship from toyota (GT4 celica,AE82 20v) to a skyline as there seems to be far more readily available parts and knowledge on them than toyotas and havent looked back and i have since built my car up from 120rwkw to 336rwkw from the knowledge and advice gained from this GREAT forum :thumbsup:

Happy modifying :banana:

hey mate, supra sounds like its a tough bit of gear. glad to see your gona ditch the chromies for some nicer rims :).

post up in whoretown, thatd be were we live...

lol lovely name , i think il fit right int here.

supra pulled like nothing else , but just wasnt feasbile to drive around in, once I hit boost the back end flew out and thats with 275's in the rear. Plus most people dont know what an ma70 or a 7m is so getting parts fromt eh states/japan took at least 2 months. Over it and love the part availability for the rb's and sr's

Wasteland is where we hangout until we have something slightly Skyline related to post.

Then we venture out, eyes all a squint, hearts a flutter, into the knowledgeable pit of information that has amassed here.

Have fun...

Skirts are skyline related right?

welcome.

glad to hear youre enjoying your skyline even though you havnt driven it much.

i give it 3 months at most before you start doing more than your list.

In order to not be one of those annoying noobs , Ive read the faq's ,the general maintenance section and used the search button as much as I could to answer my inane questions.

newbies take note, THIS is hows its done....

as mentioned, check out the wasteland, and whoretown within.

its a little intimadating, but will bring you out of your shell.

hope to see you there.

josh, slarts are relevent to skylines.

i see them drapped over them in all the mags.

• 1 month later...

im a noob too but am skyline converted still on my l's i had a 4age-t fwd corolla but felt like a girl :\ so i sold the rolla and brought a 1 owner hr30 skyline for 500 perfect condition 5 speed just over one houndred thou on clock im currently tryinig to either turbo or supercharge ,i have also acciqured an r31 skyline s13 coilovers all round with camber toed in on front lowerd all roun to coke can ,extractors 3,1/2 inch straigth pipe dfff dump pipe ,tinted windows , mags , black bonnet and half car black $250

lol wtf? anyway guys , got some better rims on , doing my 100k service with Paden at Unique Automotive on Tuesday and getting pedders coilovers fitted this weekend.

After that just a cooler , exhaust and turn up the boost slightly. Ebc and i should be happy for awhile....

2012-07-02084212.jpg

2012-07-02084222.jpg

2012-07-07153237.jpg

2012-07-07153313.jpg

2012-07-07153322.jpg