SAU Community

My First Skyline

tripsteady

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol wtf? anyway guys , got some better rims on , doing my 100k service with Paden at Unique Automotive on Tuesday and getting pedders coilovers fitted this weekend.

After that just a cooler , exhaust and turn up the boost slightly. Ebc and i should be happy for awhile....

Welcome mate. You won't be disappointed with Paden's work. I've been going to him for years and I'm actually going to be getting him to do some upgrades and tuning for my ride later this month. If I see you at the workshop I'll make sure to say hi. :)

Wheels look much better

Wheels look much better

thanks , i REALLY want some ssr's or some gtc's , but just cant seem to find the $3000 I keep at home under my bed , so Im going to stick with these VeilSide Andrews.

18x235 front +35

18x265 rear +35 rear

offset helped alot-- fills the guard much better

after i drop it on Saturday should look much better

Welcome mate. You won't be disappointed with Paden's work. I've been going to him for years and I'm actually going to be getting him to do some upgrades and tuning for my ride later this month. If I see you at the workshop I'll make sure to say hi. :)

hey man , my car will be there from Tuesday till Thursday arvo ( yea he is that busy!!!)

He managed to diagnose me running on only 5 cylinders just by ear..he is very good :)

By ear you say?

He is the messiah!

lol yes I know that a person familiar with rbs would pick up 5 cylinders a mile away , but before I even came to a stop he pointed that out. He also has an excellent rep , i trust leaving m baby with him for 4 days

full service , + slotted rotors + qfm hpx pads all round plus pedders going in tomorrow.

This time next week she'l be a whole new car :)

lol yes I know that a person familiar with rbs would pick up 5 cylinders a mile away , but before I even came to a stop he pointed that out. He also has an excellent rep , i trust leaving m baby with him for 4 days

full service , + slotted rotors + qfm hpx pads all round plus pedders going in tomorrow.

This time next week she'l be a whole new car :)

he needs the car 4 days to do all that?

so he can charge you extra?

should take a full day at most.

just going off how long it would take me on my car.

unless waiting for parts.

he needs the car 4 days to do all that?

so he can charge you extra?

should take a full day at most.

just going off how long it would take me on my car.

unless waiting for parts.

no i have all parts...jus that he is busy and he offered a day for me by myself but i need this done asap...timing belt failure is usually terminal :(

anyway he quoted me $715 for everything , which seems about right considering im getting EVERYTHING done.

guess the 7m isn't all that reliable hey?

but 350rwkw is a little too much to ask from a tired old blow my headgasket engine dont you think?

no sir , granted the 7m does have its headgasket issues that extend beyond its incorrect toque spec from factory (the way the hose at th eback of the head that angles upwards tends to fail , pissing coolant , causing temps to rise on an already headgasket prone engine. rod knock another common way for these to go as almost always because of low oil. In saying that , if you maintain it , IMHO think its great engine , lots of low down torque and the ct26 was a monster turbo for a factory one....

ive seen a 7m run 350rwkw reliably all day everyday for a year , it just needs to be maintained a bit more then your rb's and sr's..it was a gettable goal...i just wasnt up to the task.

anyway...in other news , finally got the pedders suspension fitted , opted for these ones as they come with 2 year warranty plus no need to source parts interstate/internationally so minimum downtime if something goes wrong....also heard a few good reviews

body roll virtually eliminated , that ghastly wheel gap is gone and the stance is much sexier. May opt for better offset wheels for the front to fill out the guard more.

2012-08-04172044.jpg

2012-08-04171730.jpg

2012-08-04171725.jpg

2012-08-04171639-1.jpg

2012-08-04171557.jpg

2012-08-04171547.jpg

2012-08-04171639.jpg

If I am not completely mistaken they are chrome wheels.

You must burn them.

Its a rule.

they are chrome :( i know i know.l was religiously against anything chrome previously , but these veilside andrews look really good against the colour of my car...i admit its grown on me....

In other news...

Picked up car from Paden today, feels much better , have to let the brakes bed in until I can give it a proper thrashing. Bought the best of the best from 300v oil to proper dot 4 synthetic brake fluid. Also got in slotted rotors and qfm hpx pads all round. Fluids and parts incl timing belt and accessory kit + rotors/pads came to $1600 and $1220 for labour, quite a hefty bill but nice to know everything is done.

100SKERVICELABOUR.jpg

looking to turn up the boost now , and remove the two stage boost system that the r33 has so I can boost 7-10psi right thorough the rev range.

Will post up pics later