SAU Community

R34 Gtr Double Din Conversion Kit - Part Numbers?

Hi Every1,

Was wondering if anybody has the part numbers for what would be known as a 'double din conversion kit' for a R34 GTR?

Interested in how many parts are included in the kit.

I have factory NAV in my GTR, hence why I need it. Wondering whether the air con replacement is a new facia which snaps on to the existing air con control unit, or whether you need to replace the whole thing?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

Its already double din iso ( tiny bit off double din todays standard but not much to worry about )

No kit needed but some trim rings wont fit right without filing the trim ring slightly or some dont need trim ring mounted , only slot the existing holes in the cage holding the radio to set it back a bit further to make it look perfect

Note tape a thick soft towel around the console / gear surround to set the razor sharp cage on or it farks the surround black bits and its near impossible to repair ,

Double din rules fark the single din look is boring

Hello, thanks for your reply.

My car has the NAV unit, I need to convert it to the one like in the pic in the previous post.

Air con controls are one step further down and the NAV unit controls are in its standard place. The air con unit is a little bit smaller than standard.

interior1024x768.jpg

Edited by iwanta34gtr

Its been covered a few hundred times

But you just need the face plate off a newer or gtt , gt model car for the a/c and move it up a spot

The double din cage exists already behind the pocket

The controls fit exactly the same just fills the gap all the way across

The nav wont work here anyhow , the mfd will and can be used still , where are you located

Chris rogers on sau deals a lot with these parts and will help you a fair bit

Mine has ambient air , the newer cars came with it , mine has snow package as well , heated mirrors , sunroof heater and a super demist function in the control for a/c

i have a few facia's in the shed i'll see if i can find the part # in am

The parts dont have embossed numbers and no stickers?

Pm your email addy and i can send photos to you of what I'm

Talking about ( crappy iphone not able to use flash to upload !!)

And photofark it times out

you only need the plastic face not the guts , it just unsnaps

And you swap them over , screw to cage and back into car screws under mfd

And vents out

Edited by Carbon 34

Yes mate, spot on.

Yea fair enough, mine came with the aircon unit up top so cant help you much there.. i just removed the old single din unit and replaced it with a nice alpine unit.... goes really will with the interior i think.. not cheap though.

you palnning on putting in something like that?

Sorry thats not right

You only need the facia not the whole A/C climate control , gtr and some of the other R34 have ambient air temp sensor as well so you have to be careful which one , the silver knob pushes in on ambient air temp model the other one wont

The sensor is just in front of the lower driver side radiator , a plug with a small item in held out space and held on with 10 mm bolt

You just unsnap the old single din shaped faceplate, unbolt the circle behind the knob first

And slap on the new wider angled one its that easy and bolt on the circle bit and shove the knob back on , its a good time to go change the lights to LED since a lot are burned out and dated looking anyhow