SAU Community

[Vic] R33 4Ws Clean Up [Pic Heavy]

Hello Everyone.

Previous rides have been

91 Civic Sedan, ST184 Celica, TX3 Turbo Laser

1988 B16A CRX, Subaru WRX 1997

Now Iv got myself a 1993 Skyline, for a low Price

The Specs of the Machine are ok but needs some TLC.

This machine has had some money spent on it but overall is in bad nic,

248,000km on the Clock

Black in Color and Has Been Backyard Sprayed and hasn't been blocked back and buffed

RB25DET

Automatic (Have Problems Deciding on what gear its going in to & sometimes rev's like a clutch is in)

Oil Leak Somewhere : / (near firewall)

2 x Water Leak (one is a small hose on the against the firewall, Another is under the thermostat / Behind the Fan, near the front (has a small little window on it)

Bonnet Latch has only two bolts keeping it in place so it bends down when closing the bonnet

Interior Clock Keeping Time.

Cluster Boost & Oil Pressure not working

Missing Interior Panels

Rear and Possible Front Shocks aren't healthy

The List of Modes the owner has done:

-greddy front mount inter cooler

-3" exhaust slotted rotors

-yellow jacket coil packs

-recaro style seats

-hks air filter

-fusion kevlar speaker

-front front strut brace

-defi style gauges

-hids

-blitz radiator

-new tyres

Currently im Fixing up the dodgy paint as i have the materials and knowledge on doing this

Unlike fixing the oil & Water leak, which i dont have any knowledge on these cars/engines.

Here is where it will be living for a week or so while i Fix the Paint Work

92707131.th.jpg 46552126.th.jpg

This is a Panel im yet to start sanding

51497819.th.jpg

This is the Door i have nilly finished Sanding

89744846.th.jpg

Check out the before and After of this puppy, this is just after Sanding and its still damp (hopefully be similar once its been buffed)

74516837.jpg

So the last couple of Days iv been spending the nights out in the shed, even tho its about 5 o c out there doing all this sanding keeps you bloody warm

Worked my way down from 1200Grit to 2000Grit and given the machine a wash

Now iv got a 7" Buffer/Cutter Ready to use on it, just need to get the pads, Then this machine should be Shining!!

Then the next thing i will be tackling will be the F-ed Struts. Followed by Fixing these water & oil leaks, Im bout 80% sure one is coming from the water pump.

12060029.th.jpg 12060028.th.jpg 12060030.th.jpg 12060031.th.jpg

Game On!

12060025.jpg

Hello Everyone.

Previous rides have been

91 Civic Sedan, ST184 Celica, TX3 Turbo Laser

1988 B16A CRX, Subaru WRX 1997

Now Iv got myself a 1993 Skyline, for a low Price

The Specs of the Machine are ok but needs some TLC.

This machine has had some money spent on it but overall is in bad nic,

248,000km on the Clock

Black in Color and Has Been Backyard Sprayed and hasn't been blocked back and buffed

RB25DET

Automatic (Have Problems Deciding on what gear its going in to & sometimes rev's like a clutch is in)

Oil Leak Somewhere : / (near firewall)

2 x Water Leak (one is a small hose on the against the firewall, Another is under the thermostat / Behind the Fan, near the front (has a small little window on it)

Bonnet Latch has only two bolts keeping it in place so it bends down when closing the bonnet

Interior Clock Keeping Time.

Cluster Boost & Oil Pressure not working

Missing Interior Panels

Rear and Possible Front Shocks aren't healthy

Oil leak is most likely the rear main seal. Auto sounds like its on its way out. What interior panels you missing, I've got a whole bunch I'll let go of really cheap.

Mainly missing the two here if you ignore the speaker cover

12060012.th.jpg

The Auto seems to be on its way out but fingers crossed it has some life left in it.

Rear Seal, Fun Fun haha

Today i Finished up Doing the last of the cutting of the Paint, Turned up looking pretty darn good.

Got too dark so i didn't bother taking and pictures.

Got some Snaps of the headlights which also got a polish.

Before

12060040.th.jpg

After

12060042.th.jpg

Also i Attempted to remove the Rear Shocks, more accurately the passenger side one, pulled out the rear interior, all of which the previous owner hadn't bolted in.

12060043.th.jpg 12060044.th.jpg 12060045.th.jpg

Discovered a Decent amount of Dynamatt Material along the way to the top of the strut

Started taking the Shocker off from under the car and no matter what i did i couldnt get that 17mm Bolt to Crack, so instead of stuffing around (after already wasting 25min)

12060046.th.jpg

I moved on to my next thing to check out,something i was reading about the other day, Im still not 100% on what it is,

But i have read something saying its a Auto Drop Resister that lives near the Airbox.

This is what i have there (??SC-22 3x1) Can anyone tell me what this is, it has 3 wires and they run under the guard

12060048.jpg

Or Atleast they did at one Stage.. The Wheels have been too big on this car and have Scrubed and then cut though the wires

12060050x.th.jpg

Spent about 20 minutes cleaning this up and re-wiring it, :banana:

Also Checked out the Drivers side, under the gaurd

12060056.th.jpg

Found Quiet a Few wires that have been eaten by the wheels : / Even the bonnet latch cable is getting eaten.

Didnt see any breaks so i just wacked some tape over it for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Done some more work on the 33 over the last week or so

• Fixed Water Hose Clamp on the back of the head
  • Re-wired gauges, that where wired up with a blown fuse, so once the fuse was replaced they never turned off.
  • Fixed the Clock not holding time
  • Reinstalled Water Sprayer Container
  • Painted the plastic surround trim.
  • Removed D/S Window Motor
  • Found why the cluster doesn't light up (two wires cut on the back of the cluster)
  • Finished Cutting the Whole Car, Now To give it a Polish up.

Also Fixed the Evil Start up Noise That Lives in the Vents

12060058.th.jpg

Front Bumper Cut Back

12060100medium.th.jpg

Resprayed and installed the cluster Surround (think they where originally white, but was poorly done, then i attempted it and turn out only a fraction better)

12070009medium.th.jpg

Ok night shot of what iv done so far, Painted surround, clean up and drivers door awaiting its new Motor for the window

12070011medium.jpg

Still on my to do list.

• Install a New Water Pump for my R33 S1 25DET (Old owner used what looks to a crazy amount of sealant on it)
  • Make up a Decent Brace for the Bonnet Latch to Connect to (it flaps up and down when the bonnet is down)
  • Install S/H Struts and Springs (with universal dust covers & Bump stops iv purchased)
  • Purchase Various Nuts and Bolts to Replace missing ones (eg on the back of the headlight -_-)
  • Reinstall All of the Interior and a General Clean up inside the cabin (needs a Good Vacuum over it)

From here i Will be then going to the Garage to see what will be needed for a RWC.

Depending on what gets found at the Garage, i might give the car a good service. Which i think i will include

• Auto Tranny Fully Flushed out (Consider this needed anyway, cause of the auto playing up)
  • New Engine Oil & Filter
  • New Coolant (will needed to do cause of the Waterpump anyway)
  • If i feel like it a New Fuel Filter

Good to see it getting revived and not trashed ;)

So far so good :) , it has already been trashed some im trying to revert that.

Over the weekend i pulled out both the rear shockers.

And found they where KYB Climber Shock (or so they had written on there)

The First i pulled out what Stuffed, no Gas what so ever, the second was in good nic, other than the spring.

12070020.th.jpg

Cleaned up my replacement shockers and used the new universal dust boot & Bumper Stops.

Was much harder to install than to remove.

Had to bolt the top opf the strut in then loosen the middle bolt on the shocker to twist the shocker to the correct location.

Then jacked up the Suspension to then put the shocker bolt back on.

Hopefully over the next couple of day will be taking out and checking the front suspension, i will at least be putting the new front shockers back in

So at-least it will be able to travel, instead of scrub the insides of the guards

12070023.th.jpg

New VS Old, Used S/H Struts and Springs i got and also used a Universal Dust Boot & Bump Stop kit.

12070025.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took some Pics of it in its Current state, today.

So done only a couple of more things since last update.

• Installed Replacement Shockers & Factory Springs, Sticks Much better now
  • Installed missing interior pieces (Interior light and Holy Shit Handle in the back seat)
  • Installed New Drivers Windows Motor, but Discovered that its also missing the 8pin Relay -_-
  • Reinstalled all the interior, just need to bolt in the rear seat and a couple on the drivers seat

dsci0157x.jpg dsci0158x.jpg

The Interior has scrubbed up pretty well, but will need to give the roof lining a clean (has greasy marks on it, in a couple of spots)

dsci0169t.jpgdsci0168h.jpg

Have yet to touch the Engine, but that will happen after i move to my new place.

dsci0183j.jpg

Can anyone identify those 17" rims its got on it, they look damn familiar but cannot quiet put my finger on it (they were originally white before the last owner painted them)

dsci0181.jpg

They are R34 GT-T rims, painted black.

Cheers, i know i had seen them many times before.

These ones have been painted white previously, then black (these in white on a black car worked well i reckon)