SAU Community

Front Brake Shim Kits

Ok, so i needed a new shim kit for my r33. Ive got the 4 pot calipers on the front, searched for a part number, 41080-21U25 is apparently the one i need.

This, according to quite a few people, is 41080-21U25:

shimkit.JPG

So i went to my nissan store, forked over a large amount of cash for that part number. Except when i got it, it looked different.

I scoured the internet again, rechecked the part number, and its definitly the one from what i can tell. It says that number on the packet I got.

Is it possible nissan can stuff it up? It came in one pack.

Id just like some confirmation. Any help would be appreicated!

Edited by Nights

Posted without attachment oops. Here it is:

This one looks right. I remember the shims and the plate that looks vented. How much was this if you don't mind me asking?

It was $170 off the top of my head.

Oh really? Whats I find very weird though is that the outer shim (the silver part) doesn't cover the whole piston. It gets about half of it to 3/4.

The ones in the other pic i posted first look like the correct shape, they would cover both pistons completely.

The kit in the first post looks the same as the R32 GTR (sumitomo calipers) and IIRC the 33 gtst calipers use the same pad. The shims match the profile of the pad backing plate. So what you got doesnt looks right - but i checked the part in FAST and it came back with the same part number....weird.

When I took off my shims, the silver ones only covered about 75% of my black metal ones =S

This is off a stock r33 gtst. Here is a pic

20120614193331.jpg

Yep that's how they look

Is this what your looking for? http://www.frsport.c...re_p_12970.html

Yeah i saw these originally, and they look like the exploded view of the r33 brake, but yeah, it said 300zx so i thought id be safe and go through nissan.

The kit in the first post looks the same as the R32 GTR (sumitomo calipers) and IIRC the 33 gtst calipers use the same pad. The shims match the profile of the pad backing plate. So what you got doesnt looks right - but i checked the part in FAST and it came back with the same part number....weird.

Yeah doesnt quite look right to me either, from a design standpoint im struggling to see why only half of the pistons are covered. Yeah its definitely the part number, although its weird cos on the exploded view they definitely match the pad backing plate. Dont look like the ones i got.

r33brake.jpg

When I took off my shims, the silver ones only covered about 75% of my black metal ones =S

This is off a stock r33 gtst. Here is a pic

20120614193331.jpg

Yeah? Maybe it is correct then. Just seems a little weird it only covers half the calipers, not to mention its not even even, it covers different amounts of both pistons :S

This is confusing.

Edited by Nights

Mine had diagonally cut silver pieces too (R33 GTS-t brakes), apparently this plate profile helps with vibrations somehow, I've seen exactly same thing done to STI and some euro cars' backplates, so your kit is the correct one

• 11 months later...