SAU Community

Headlight Switch

mii11x

so after checking the forums for this problem in most cases it was the switch that has burnt out. went out and got a second hand one and went to install it. problem is the wiring plug that plugs into the switch itself is all nice and burnt.

anyone know where i can get these from or will i have to buy a whole loom for the plug???

how the hell did the plug get burnt? i would address that issue first or it might just happen again.

but yeah if you find any r32 being wrecked you should ask if they'll separate just that plug. they might say no, and understandably because they might want to sell the thing complete, although the interior electrics loom is often hacked up at the radio plugs anyway, so whats another missing plug?

so yeah it wouldn't suprise me if you had to buy a whole loom just for that plug. it'll be a bit of a job if you're wanting to be anal about it and replace the whole loom, on that part of the loom there really isn't much room for extra joiners and stuff in the hole so will probably mean it needs neat & tidy wiring if you're just going to replace the plug (if you want it to be reliable).

i've made numerous efforts over the last few years to find an interior loom with all plugs intact and every single one i found had the radio wires butchered, which for me, is a deal breaker. so

Edited by jonboy

Yeah the R32 headlight switches burn out, common issue. I had to rewire the park lights to the switch above the headlight. Then use headlight switch for low beam

^ yes very common. I've had 3 switches.

Original and 2 second hand ones. Bit the bullet and bought a new one from RHDjapan.

But to melt the plug. Whoa !

How much was the new one?

Its not uncommon for plugs to get burnt in cars, bad connections in the terminals cause them to heat up and warp/bubble the plug, always make sure plugs fit nice and tight and not flopping about otherwise it will cause you more grief down the track.