SAU Community

Brake Rotor (disc) Installation

bbenny

• 4 months later...
ok i need help. im doing the rotors on my r33, and cannot for the life of me figure out hoe to undo the caliper bolts on the rear. the frots are easy as you just turn the wheels out

take the rear wheel off. grab ya 17 and undo it from behind the caliper same as front bolted on from behind. and a belive brake calipers should be tensioned up to 89-100 ft pound or for all you dodge kents FT.

piece of piss

Edited by 32_Dave

ok i need help. im doing the rotors on my r33, and cannot for the life of me figure out hoe to undo the caliper bolts on the rear. the frots are easy as you just turn the wheels out

from memory there is a bracket that holds the brake line or handbrake line. you need to take that off first. then you can access the bolt to take the caliper off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread, full rotors and pads job went without a hitch. Only thing I could add to the thread was the front rotors on a R34 GTR with the 324mm rotors will need a 10mm 1.25 pitched bolt instead of the 8mm bolt. And if you get caught like me without the 10mm bolt just take one of the bracket that the steering arm bumps into on full lock as its a 10mm 1.25 bolt.

cheers

Yep. Did this a couple of months ago. This thread helped me a Sh!t load.

Never done this before and now I've got 4 fresh rotors and pads all round !!!

First one was the slowest and the last was p!ss easy.

Savin' the Buck$ and bonding with my Baby. Love it!

SAU... I Love You!!! :cheers:

• 2 years later...

Hi, about to do rotors and pads on my R33 which I haven't done before by myself. The old link for the pad changing is no longer valid :(
Is there anything crucial I need to know about changing them? Searched and got an R32 thread but none of the photos work

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Old thread, but very useful to me today...

On 9/26/2006 at 5:48 PM, Flash89 said:

where is the adjuster?

the hand brake adjuster is at the bottom of the whole hand brake shoe assembly that sits inside the rear rotors.

With the rotor off you'll see the adjustment wheel - with the rotor on you need to rotate the hub (with the rubber plug removed from the rotor) so the hole is at the bottom and use a flat blade screwdriver to adjust the wheel the appropriate clicks - as above - rotate upwards until the hand brake shoes bind, then back off (rotate down) 5-6 clicks.

As above, when you have the rotors off, give the mechanism a good spray with Brake Cleaner.

cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...