SAU Community

Rb25 Fuel System Upgrade

Just one last question, i rang EFI today and also horsepower solutions, 2 recommended on here about ethanol, got two different bits of advice

EFI said a 400lph walbro will be an absolute minimum for 300kw and need 800cc minimum injectors

Horsepower solutions says 2X 044 externals and was very sure about it, said ill use almost double the 98 i use when flat out

so the 2X 044's is extreme dont you think? and said ill make 320kw

now im thinking more that EFI know what there on about, but if a 400lph walbro is minimum what more can i do??

if the gtx3076 is to get upto 22psi without restriction, im thinking a walbro 400lph and Xspurt 1000's, should i expect 340kw's here?????

Its weird cause plenty of people including myself are running mid 300's with a single 044 in tank however many seem to think its not enough.

In any case just get one of the new walbro 416 pumps, I picked one up for my setup the other day just to be safe.

+1 what battery said..

Thanks guys , just made my decision easy :thumbsup:

Hey Mark..

You will be happy to know I have just spent the last 2 hours writing up a tutorial with just about everything you need to know on how to fit top feeds to an R33 mate...

It is subject to moderator approval so should be in the Tutorial section in a day or 2...:thumbsup:

Its weird cause plenty of people including myself are running mid 300's with a single 044 in tank however many seem to think its not enough.

In any case just get one of the new walbro 416 pumps, I picked one up for my setup the other day just to be safe.

I'm running a single 044.... If I had a GTX or 3082 I probably would have crossed the safety barrier with it, but for now it'll do just fine...

As for the power level you expect to reach, too many factors to take into account... But anything over 300 is going to be lively :)

+1 what battery said..

Hey Mark..

You will be happy to know I have just spent the last 2 hours writing up a tutorial with just about everything you need to know on how to fit top feeds to an R33 mate...

It is subject to moderator approval so should be in the Tutorial section in a day or 2... :thumbsup:

Awesome mate, much appreciated :cheers:

• 5 years later...
On 6/29/2012 at 10:36 PM, ARTZ said:

you can xspurts or IDs in with the stock plenum on a 33 ,fuel rail is only 100$ regs arent too expensive either, fuel hose is cheap also and you will need a pressure gauge which is 20$..

I got.xspurts in 750cc in 40mm, which are shorter than IDs which are 48mm, so makes for an easier fit,, I think both will fit, I'm yet too see IDs with stock plenum but it could be done..

.Injector will cost you 6-700$ and they are amongst the best..Ask anyone and they will tell you they are great to tune, great at idle and great for economy too...

heres mine fitted up, I got them in without removing the plenum, tricky but possible

29012012564.jpg

29012012565-1.jpg

fuel rail

http://goodiesdirect...&product_id=405

Do it once, do it right... :thumbsup:

Are they e85 compatible?