SAU Community

R34 Gtr Rim Size?

Hi guys,

New to SAU joined to gain some advise from the guys who know best, I been considering buying some TE37 TTA, however the sizeing is confusing the *$$^ out of me, I done some searching and cant really find any clear answers as to what size will fit.

I want the rims to sit withing the guards but fill them and sit almost flush, being a 34 deffinantly want 19's, the car has nismo suspension, not exactly sure on height, rolling the rear guards this week, wondering if i will have to roll the front guards? and if my turning will be restricted or hit the suspension/brakes.

So Question is, how will 19*11+15 TE37 TTA look on R34 GTR, and what kind of work will be required to fit them.

Thanks guys.

11" on 19s... You are going to have major issuse with scrubbing of the inner guard and overall fitment more than anything else.

Only way to really avoid it will be to have it sitting like a 4WD.

With 18x10.5 +15 and 285 tyres, R34's will scrub inner guards with almost every rim and only using about 3/4 the turning circle.

Put another 0.5" on there and it's a dead set certainty

11" on 19s... You are going to have major issuse with scrubbing of the inner guard and overall fitment more than anything else.

Only way to really avoid it will be to have it sitting like a 4WD.

With 18x10.5 +15 and 285 tyres, R34's will scrub inner guards with almost every rim and only using about 3/4 the turning circle.

Put another 0.5" on there and it's a dead set certainty

What if i run say 275's Up front and 295 at rears, would i have the same issue?

Also im currently running 18*9.5 +12, if i go to 19*11+15, Am i right to asume it will sit a futher 17mm out and an extra 11 mill In? And raise the car by.. 7mm?

I am an "enthusiastic" driver and if dropping down to 10.5 means ill keep alot of drivability ill consider that, Altho i want as fat as possible :P

You won't be able to run 275s & 295s and the tyre diameter will be almost certainly different - and thus make your ATTESA go nuts, throw fault codes and do all sorta of other strange shit (others have reported a surging feeling etc). You really need to run the same size & profile tyre for a GTR - So you won't have the same issue, you'll be creating a hell of a lot more.

Use this for calcs, and you'll see you wont get the tyres the same diameter.

http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

Even with 10.5 and 19s - with a 265 it might not be so bad (you'll have stretched tyres, which IMO on a GTR looks shit).

19s and you'll need a higher ride height and/or tyres being stretched.

or

18s and fit 285s without a problem on a 10.5 and have no real issues with scrubbing, you can have it lower as well - they won't be 19s.

So you'll have to decide what you want really.

I thought as long as the rolling diameter was the same it didn't effect the 4wd system width shouldn't matter.

Surely I can find a safe size for 19s otherwise I won't bother upgrading my 18s, what's the largest people have fitted I think vruined to run 19*10.5 and tracks with them.

I thought as long as the rolling diameter was the same it didn't effect the 4wd system width shouldn't matter.

That's exactly what i said - It won't be. :)

Use the Miata calculator i linked about and it'll show you visually what I'm talking about. It's only 12mm difference & that will be more than enough to throw the 4WD out.

The chance of you getting a rolling diameter the same with 275s & 295s is impossible. The 275 will be stretched on 11" and hence not the same diameter even if you get the same profile.

Surely I can find a safe size for 19s otherwise I won't bother upgrading my 18s, what's the largest people have fitted I think vruined to run 19*10.5 and tracks with them.

if your going to use it on the track, just go with the 18x10.5's - why do you care what it looks like as long as its performing...you could always grap a 2nd set of rims (say 19x9's) for street, that way you can have a dedicated set of track rims with slicks.

Right I never took into consideration the effect of stretching, and I will still have my se37's if I ever decide to track it but want the 19s to be functional for street use and mountain runs.

So will 19 10.5+15 on say 285 all round work without rubbing and sit nice? Or will I have to drop lower in width

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/84208-wheel-sizes-offsets-for-skylines/page__st__1670

quote:

Skyline model = R34 GTR

Wheel diameter = 19"

Wheel width = 9.5

Wheel offset = ET2

Tyre size = 265/30/19

Modifications to fit =None

Lowered on Nismo S-Tunes, slight rub on the front guards when on full lock and also on rough road surfaces smile.gif

if 9.5's rub then 10.5 you will have issues

Right I never took into consideration the effect of stretching, and I will still have my se37's if I ever decide to track it but want the 19s to be functional for street use and mountain runs.

So will 19 10.5+15 on say 285 all round work without rubbing and sit nice? Or will I have to drop lower in width

They will rub unless you have the ride height up reasonably high...

A mate now owns my rims with 285/30/18 +15 on his 34R and they only slightly scrub @ full lock but the car is reasonably low. If it was raised slightly it wouldn't scrub at all, but then it'd look shit. Strangely enough they were fine on my R33 GTR and didnt scrub the inner guard ever on the street (unless up in the hills, and only *ever* so slightly if there was a bit dip in the road).

So you want to another 1" with 265s on a 10.5 on top of that, you've got no chance as a few of us have said...

You'd have to come back to 10" and a +22 as stated earlier with a 265 and only then, you might be right but it'd depend on ride height and the wheel - forget having it lowered much at all as well with a 10" rim. 9.5" would make things easier using a 255

Gotta remember factory is 18x9... You want to go up an inch and across by 1.5 inches. All whilst having a lower ride height... The force is simply against you.

Have a look @ R32 GTRs that have 19s, they all sit like a tractor as the rims simply don't fit.

Scrubbing is a pain in the arse, depends if you can live with it or not but it gives me the shits.

This just seems like to much effort and money to gain so little if I'm limited to 19*9.5/10 on 265/255, I don't mind if it scrubs a little as long as its not causing any damage

I guess if I stagger the size front to back I won't have an issue 19*11 and 19*9.5 altho I don't think I want to do that

I guess if I stagger the size front to back I won't have an issue 19*11 and 19*9.5 altho I don't think I want to do that

:ermm:

Did you read any of the replies?

You will have problems if you try and stagger.

You will not possibly get the same rolling diameter.

You will then have issue with ATTESA.

It's not a question of whether you "want", its a simple fact that you CAN NOT do it.

:ermm:

Did you read any of the replies?

You will have problems if you try and stagger.

You will not possibly get the same rolling diameter.

You will then have issue with ATTESA.

It's not a question of whether you "want", its a simple fact that you CAN NOT do it.

That applies to stretching ? If I get a smaller rim and don't stretch the diameter will be the same ?

As the don said. If you use different size tyres on xx" rim the rolling diameter will be different. The 4wd system does not like that and it will skitz out and throw you around like its little bitch.

You dont have to run a 11" wide wheel, why do you want to?! Use what a lot of other people have done. I know of a guy on here who had 11" wheels and he got rid of them due to not being able to go full lock! Guess what he did? He went with a 10.5" wheel.

If you go 19/18 x 10.5" +15 then you will be sweet and it will look tough if you run 285's. But push the boundaries and you will cry. Ive had a car that scrubs, you end up not wanting to push it because everytime it scrapes its like a piece of your sould goes with it! If its chompingthe guard it will do damage.

So listen to the people on here or just buy those 19x11's and tell us how you hate your life and how you should have listened!

Ok finally got home and used the site you guys suggested, i dont understand Why the rolling diameter is different between varying width, but it is. Thanks for the heads up, sorry it took me this long to get to a comp and understand what you guys were trying to explain to me.

And Hadouken I did come here to take peoples advise and would be fine to settle with 19*10.5+15 on 285's altho it sounds like that wont even work and safest option is roughly 19*9.5 on 265/255's and if thats the case i wont bother with the new wheels sadly