SAU Community

Hks Evc 5 Err 100

Hey guys,

I've been on my phone googling all night trying to find out WTF the error code on my EVC is.... I have a brand new HKS EVC 5 which has been installed and is playing up....

Apparently on the dyno it did it once but when the ignition was cycled it went away.... Since then it is doing it under full boost application, if I give it a hiding for a sec I generally look over and see "Err 100" on the boost controller...

I can turn it back on, thrash it and get a pic but I don't want to risk a boost spike or anything silly...

JEM are helping but are flat out so I figured a post might find a simple solution.

Google results show its a Stepper Motor Memory fault or something... But there is no results, diagnosis or fixes that I can see....

Anyway, if anyone has a solution, please help!!

Probably better off emailing the company you bought it through, if you can't find any fixes over the net, chances are its a return to factory kind of issue. If you purchased it locally from a shop go in, take them for a drive and show them and hopefully warranty will cover it.

Best of luck mate, followed your build thread and after some of the issues you faced, let's hope this is the last one!

Yeah thanks Jeremy... I emailed HKS to ask why it would happen... I purchased it off a guy on the central coast so although it's brand new in the box I have no shop to take it back too....

Aggrodave found me some info so now I just gotta check it out! 15psi sucks!

Aw damn that sucks. Can you still get in contact with him and find out where he purchased it from?

15 psi is plenty. I have 11. And even at 11 I'm scared my turbo will go bang.

Keep us updated with how you go with this problem mate.

Yeah thanks Jeremy... I emailed HKS to ask why it would happen... I purchased it off a guy on the central coast so although it's brand new in the box I have no shop to take it back too....

Aggrodave found me some info so now I just gotta check it out! 15psi sucks!

Gotta watch those central coast guys haha.

Buy a mac valve and let the haltech control it

Gotta watch those central coast guys haha.

Buy a mac valve and let the haltech control it

Yeah sketchy basterds :P

Considering that at the moment, there was some good advice in another thread, ill try sort it out and if that fails then its change controller time!

• 7 years later...