SAU Community

New Tyres = Magnets

kymbo

How's this, just got 4 brand new Dunlop's for my GTR last week, just now went to drive out of the garage at the office and WTF!!! a bolt sticking out of the front right and a nail in the back left.

What are the odds???????

Same thing happened to me 18 months ago (2 weeks after purchase on 1 tyre)

Anybody else this sort of mad stuff happen to them.

I swear these GTR tyres when fresh, will literally SUCK in every sharp object within 100 metres.

Anyway just wanted to vent. Stuck in the office waiting for the wife to pick me up ):

That's not good. I haven't had a puncture yet...touch wood.

Was going to ask you how the Dunlops are as I have to replace the Bridgestone R2's that were on the car from new. I heard that the Dunlops are noisier in general driving but provide a little more grip in the dry. Perhaps a little too much grip in your case?

That's not good. I haven't had a puncture yet...touch wood.

Was going to ask you how the Dunlops are as I have to replace the Bridgestone R2's that were on the car from new. I heard that the Dunlops are noisier in general driving but provide a little more grip in the dry. Perhaps a little too much grip in your case?

The boys in the States have noted that the Dunlops are equivalent to the R2's all round but generally they get 5-7000 more miles out of them. I'm considering what to get next as well seeing as the Dunlops are about the same price as the R2's.

Not sure if I will chance the Michellin Super Sport (non-runflat) option...

I have had both Bridgestone and Dunlop,

The Dunlops are better in every way with over 50% more life, more grip, same road noise etc.

Nissan have now set the Dunlops as the standard GTR tyre.

The latest version has improvements developed into it from testing for the 2011/2012 model.

When I met Mizuno San at a Phillip Island GTR day, he said "always upgrade to the latest tyres we are using" because they are continually being developed like the GTR, for the GTR.

Hope that helps?

I have had both Bridgestone and Dunlop,

The Dunlops are better in every way with over 50% more life, more grip, same road noise etc.

Nissan have now set the Dunlops as the standard GTR tyre.

The latest version has improvements developed into it from testing for the 2011/2012 model.

When I met Mizuno San at a Phillip Island GTR day, he said "always upgrade to the latest tyres we are using" because they are continually being developed like the GTR, for the GTR.

Hope that helps?

so...

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT or Dunlop SP Sport 7010 A/S DSST ??

Kym I know the feeling mate in the space of a year I have had to replace 3 tyres due to getting a nail/screw in them. I am now about to upgrade all four to the new Michelin tyres everyone's raving about in the states, I believe there the ones that have been used to set the fastest time at the nurburgring to date.