SAU Community

R33 Skyline Start Up Problems In The Morning

Have you tried something as simple as taking the j-pipe off and getting some carb cleaner and a rag onto the throttle body? I did that a while back made a world of difference.

2 hours ago, trel said:

Have you tried something as simple as taking the j-pipe off and getting some carb cleaner and a rag onto the throttle body? I did that a while back made a world of difference.

Yeah i've cleaned the throttle body before not really much difference. 

• 3 years later...

My car is currently having the same issue. it's been gradual over course of a few months. use to choke a little on cold morning start ups. now i need to start it two or three times. car shakes like it's running out of fuel and i need to use abit of accelerator. 

I re-soldered my stock AFM and also tested with brand new. brand new battery. cleaned AAC used new gasket. got overzealous and purchased a brand new cold start valve. did not solve the issue. 

I've noticed if I reset the stock ECU. it starts first go until the next cold start. I wonder if it's fault with the ECU?

2 hours ago, ACTIVE-LSD said:

My car is currently having the same issue. it's been gradual over course of a few months. use to choke a little on cold morning start ups. now i need to start it two or three times. car shakes like it's running out of fuel and i need to use abit of accelerator. 

I re-soldered my stock AFM and also tested with brand new. brand new battery. cleaned AAC used new gasket. got overzealous and purchased a brand new cold start valve. did not solve the issue. 

I've noticed if I reset the stock ECU. it starts first go until the next cold start. I wonder if it's fault with the ECU?

There's almost nothing in the ECU that is operating in closed loop fashion during cold start. Crack it open and see if you have any dead caps.

1 hour ago, joshuaho96 said:

There's almost nothing in the ECU that is operating in closed loop fashion during cold start. Crack it open and see if you have any dead caps.

Cheers will give it a go. Fortunately I have a spare ECU for testing as well.