SAU Community

2 points for staying in the right lane!!!!

what the feck

now i'm really pissed

as above on the way to work on the freeway

got pulled over by a bikecop for travelling 4km straight in the right lane. 2km of which i was over taking cars going slow in the left lane.

final fine here $50 and 2points.

so should fight it or take the option the probationary thing (where u have to be good for one year with a set amount of points. also how many points u get with this?) when i loose my licence seeing i have 1 point left.

any cops on here u can advise?

i think you get one point and you loose that and you're screwed. i wouldn't have a clue with WA though. go the probation if you think you can drive sensibly for a year. although it's piss easy to loose a couple of points as you discovered

over

Breaking news

I have the best girlfriend in the world. She called the local cop shop.

Told them what happened. (This proves there are good cops out there) The officer she spoke said the laws had been changed recently and in WA on a multi lane road your allowed to travel in the right hand lane for as long as you want as long as you are not doing less than 10kph under the speed limit for the road.

Going on this I should be safe, Kyles was also given anothers officers name and station for me to go see to sort it out.

What a girl

Gotta love her mwa thanks babe.

The law in NSW is that on a freeway you must move to the left unless you are passing another car ie. "KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING".

If there's one thing that REALLY CHEESES ME OFF it's drivers that sit in the right hand lane. This is both a discourteous and frustrating habit. :x

They are either oblivious to the cars piling up behind them (scary thought), self-appointed speed police or f***wits who don't give a sh1t.

I don't know what the definition of "overtaking" is. As long as there is a speed differential one would think that you were "overtaking". When there are no longer any cars to pass, move left.

The problem with doing this is you may lose your "slot" in the traffic due to every other f***knuckle speeding up to close the gap.

A comprehensive driver training programme is way overdue in Australia. Followed by mandatory re-testing every 5 or so years for ALL OF US!

Just my $0.02 :P