SAU Community

Correct Wheel Size R32 Gtr

Yeah I had a look through about 15 pages of the thread but didn't see one running 19" rims which is why i posted on here. Does anyone know anyone running 19's on a r32??? There was a lot good info on there though.

255/35/18

265's would be better but they will scrub if you havent rolled your gaurds

I run 18 x 9.5 and 18 x 9 both + 20 offset with 265/35/18 on my 32r and they rub on the front guard liner on suspension compression. Probably worse when lock is applied too. They only catch the guard by a poofteenth and have worn some material off the moulding around the screws that fixt the liner on. But rub they do. Rears are fine but only just. Camber and ride height wil make a difference to the equation. It must vary from car to car as I've heard too many times that 18 x 10 +20 fit no worries but you can see my experience doesn't line up with this. My advice is at these sizes you are in the 'will just fit / are slightly too large' zone so proceed with caution and trial fit if possible. From a looks perspective (again from my point of view) these rims and tyre specs are the best. In my opinion you should not go past 18s.....

Some food for thought re wheel “fit”

It’s very difficult to generalise whether “Diameter x Width + offset” will “fit” a particular car. Consider this:

1. Most cars have different geometry settings (e.g. aftermarket arms, bushes etc) which will affect camber, caster, toe etc. a change in camber settings between one car and another may cause a ‘fitting’ wheel to foul
  2. Most cars have different ride heights (running stock/aftermarket/etc coilovers) which will affect geometry and clearance to the guard when turning (front)
  3. Some people are running different brake set ups, with aftermarket mounting alloy bells, that may be different thickness than the original cast iron one piece rotors. So a thicker rotor bell will increase track slightly, which may make a ‘fitting’ wheel on one car foul another
  4. Obviously spacers make a difference
  5. Obviously different size tyres will give different clearances also

There’s probably more stuff I’m not remembering.

For what it’s worth, the simple question of “will these wheels fit my GTST/GTR/etc” really needs an answer of:

• what are the current geometry settings
  • what brake setup are you running and are the hats thicker/thinner than the oem
  • are you running spacers etc

And lastly, I’m running 18x9.5 + 15s with 255/35/18 Michelin PS2s on my R32 GTR. They are the exact CE28 rims that “DarrenJC” has on his black 32 v-spec above. It has a/m front and rear brakes that I think are a little thicker than OEM (prob 3-4mm) so the effective track is wider. My wheels are definitely sitting further out that his image. My R34GTR wheels sat about where his CE28s sit.

Front end:

a/m front arms with about 2.5deg neg camber and max castor. Now lock is destroying my guard liners so will wind out caster and wing on some more static camber.

Rear end:

a/m arms running about 0.5deg neg camber. When static compressed the tyre has about 3mm clearance to the outer guard (which in not rolled). Will wind on a touch more camber for safety.

Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey mate,

I own a 32 GTR and recently upgraded to 18X10 +20 TE37s with 265/35/18s all round, they sit perfectly flush with the fender.. there is only about 15mm clearance at the rear... i was at first concerned it may make contact, as sinista32 mentioned

however the tyres have not made contact once due to the stiffness of my coilovers. It hasn't been tracked, however there are some country mountain roads nearish to where i live that i have frequented and put hard strain on the springs with still no contact.

oh and with good quality semi slicks the handling is amazing :)

Try a slow full lock in a car park. That's where mine scrubbed on the front.

Rolled the front and rear gaurds.

Federal RSR's are larger than other tyre manufacturers by about 10%. That's what I had.

My suspension is Bilstein coilovers with Eiback springs.

Can anyone tell me what size i should run for my R32 GTR... I've got BBS RS wheels and im about to rebuild them to a 17x9.5 +14 All round...

I wanted to go 265/40/17 all round but someone said it will look like a baloon and overhang like stupidly.... Idno if thats true i wudda thought it wud be flush as with the rim... but i could be wrong... can anyone help me out with pics and stuff??

RIMTUCK mainly has 18 inch wheels so its a totally diff ball game.

So 18x10 + 20 is no problems on a bnr32??

What tyres are people running 245's or 255's?

I will be running wheels this size and want to bolt on with no modifications.....

255/35/18

265 are fine on that size rim, i have 265 on my 18x10 +20 on my 32 GTR

gtr3_zpsb367405f.jpg

gtr4_zps9985bb4c.jpg

Anyone to help me for 17s ... from what i wrote above.

18s is a diff story.

18s is not a different story... Your comparing widths here. Whizzn gave a photo of how 265s look on a 10 inch rim, use the photos as a guide for your 9.5" rims

This car has 265 on 18x9.5 +18

modp_1103_01_o+1991_nissan_skyline_gt-r+front_view.jpg

^ this is the best fit for an r32 GTR that i have seen and I have myself ^

18 x 9.5 +12 LMGT4's

although I went down to 255's as my RSR 265's (265x35xR18) scrubbed on low speed full lock, inside gaurd liner, and my gaurds were rolled.

-> RSR 265's are wider than other 265's - fact.

I run Bilsteins with Eibach springs. Not set to rock hard but not soft either.

18s is not a different story... Your comparing widths here. Whizzn gave a photo of how 265s look on a 10 inch rim, use the photos as a guide for your 9.5" rims

This car has 265 on 18x9.5 +18

modp_1103_01_o+1991_nissan_skyline_gt-r+front_view.jpg

okay awesome... man honestly thats what i always thought but someone that was running 10.5 all round with a 255 said my 9.5 on a 17inch wheel with 265 will be like a baloon... f**k what he says man the picture u posted is perfect and exactly what i want.

thanks for the help

• 1 month later...

today i fitted my brand new enkei 18x9.5+12 with new advan 245/45/18, and on the left front wheel it scrapes with the rear of the arch when turning slowely ? am I going to have to get new tyres with a smaller profile??

Edited by geetea-are