SAU Community

Where Can I Get Cam Cover Breather Pipes?

RSFOURDayz

Hey guys, I've searched here, google and eBay looking for the black pipe/hose going from one cam cover to the other on an R34 RB25det. Happy to buy even a universal silicon hose piece but seem to find that either. Guess I'll try a bit harder but in the mean time does anyone have a source for these? Would heater hose be ok for now? (mines gone rockhard and split really bad)

Any hose store?? Theoretically heater hose 'should' be ok, as it's mostly air with just a bit of vapour. But really you should get some proper oil control hose. I get mine from Hoseco. Otherwise Enzed, Pirtek, etc. etc.

Just go in and ask for 5/8 oil control hose.

heater hose wont work as the vapours going out of the rocker covers are hot and the hose will crap itself, as the hose is shaped your best bet is to get one from nissan,or you COULD get one from hoseco but you may have to buy a metre of it unless they have some leftover off cuts

heater hose wont work as the vapours going out of the rocker covers are hot and the hose will crap itself, as the hose is shaped your best bet is to get one from nissan,or you COULD get one from hoseco but you may have to buy a metre of it unless they have some leftover off cuts

Heater hose will work as a temporary solution is what I meant.

You don't need to use the formed hose, you can rotate the breather to suit any hose. No point paying out the ass for pre-shaped hose. You can also buy half meters from Hoseco. At $18 a meter it's not too bad.

Edited by Hanaldo

So is Siicon hose suitable for this? I can get the piece i need from Nizzbits for $35 delivered so I can use silicon and get it for 18 a meter like u said. Although I do like fitting genuine parts where I can.

go the genuine part if you can, the hose you can get from hoseco may or may not posses the heat resistance that you need. . .as a GUIDE i paid $18 for a breather (from rocker cover to rocker cover) hose for a R32 RB20DET from NISSAN. . .yes you can use heater hose as a very temp repair but why not fix it properly the first time?

whats wrong with heater hose? ive had it on my 34 for about 4 months now since i noticed the old one had split and i cant say ive seen any ill affects at all, ive taken it on and off half a dozen times since then as well, never had any troubles or noticed any wear or anything.

• 2 weeks later...