SAU Community

Wheels Sticking Out Of Arches. Illegal?

Waddup guys,

Thinking of getting a new set of wheels with an agressive offset and width.

Does anyone know whether it is illegal for the wheels/tyres to stick out of the guards?

There was a guy on here who did that. Im pretty sure he lasted exactly 5 minutes and the cops raped him

HAHA! judging by my recent luck i'm probably gonna last exactly half that amount of time.

there is no "or" option. the wheels are illegal so you have to remove them. you could remove them, get the defect cleared then put them back on, but you will just get defected again. could get pretty expensive pretty quickly.

so to summarise, you buy the wheels, pay fines, sell the wheels for less than you paid. sounds like an expensive few minutes of looking "cool"......... which you won't, cause to me, stupid offset looks, well, stupid

• Like 1

Thing is, if a copper pulls you over for the wheels he'll likely go over the whole car and you'll end up not only having to change the wheels but every other little thing he finds.

If the copper feels like being nasty he can give you a Major defect which is a PITA to clear.

And poke looks homo.

what did yaa do? Change the wheels, or?

I just got a set of R33 GTR rims for my R32. They sit in the guards now. The cop checked everything. Lucky all he could get me for was the wheels and the height of the exhaust.

There is only ever 2 things you can do with stupid wheels. Run them with poke or run a stupid amount of camber to get them into the guard!

If you run heaps of camber can't the cops still defect you for it?

I just got a set of R33 GTR rims for my R32. They sit in the guards now. The cop checked everything. Lucky all he could get me for was the wheels and the height of the exhaust.

If you run heaps of camber can't the cops still defect you for it?

Cops can defect you for anything, so I've been told. One of my mates a cop and he said I could get defected even for my inner circle tail lights where 1 of the 2 bulbs were blown. All comes down to how you can sweet talk them and seduce them to give you a slap on the wrist, at the end of the day.

it's all about the track of the vehicle. if you widen the track of the vehicle by more than the legal limit, then you can be defected. funnily enough, putting uber camber on to make the wheels fit in the guards will widen the track and make the car less legal, plus you will go through tyres more often than you need to change the oil