SAU Community

Wheels Sticking Out Of Arches. Illegal?

Move to Tasmania, my wheels have had camber and are poking out at the bottoms for 8 months and the cops never have said squat.

yes , move all your belongings , find a new job and relocate completely just so you can stick those wheels wayyy out. an extremely efficient suggestion

yes , move all your belongings , find a new job and relocate completely just so you can stick those wheels wayyy out. an extremely efficient suggestion

Bahaha true.

In my opinion, flush with fender looks great and is the look i am going for. I am going to order new rims with +25 all round lowered 1.1'' and that should be almost perfect flush so i will post pics once i get them on.

At the end of the day, it's your choice man. If you want to run the risk of getting defected over and over then go for it. I know personally i wouldn't risk it beause my work heavily relies on my lisense or else i would go all out and dump my car on it's arse and have some crazy camber because it does look awesome but not that practical.

Up to you.

i got pulled over and fined for this a few years back, maybe it was because i was on my P's

$80 fine, they didn't say to change it back to standard or had to get it cleared at AUVIS station, mentioned to put over fenders/flares over them lol

• 4 weeks later...

Some serious camber.

How stiff would the suspension settings have to be to stop the tryes from being sliced by the wheel arches??? And how much must the handling be compromised with such aggressive camber???

The extreme stance crowd doesn't care about how a car drives or performs. As long as it looks cool to their mates. These guys don't really like cars, they like trends and fashion.

and cawk.