SAU Community

Wheels Sticking Out Of Arches. Illegal?

The extreme stance crowd doesn't care about how a car drives or performs. As long as it looks cool to their mates. These guys don't really like cars, they like trends and fashion.

Lol, most people don't buy their skylines primarily for the RB, they buy it for the appearance and the idea of owning a 'skyline', why not make it look good?

Lol, most people don't buy their skylines primarily for the RB, they buy it for the appearance and the idea of owning a 'skyline', why not make it look good?

hmm, im in the minority then cause i fell in love with the RB30ET in the VL turbo , then discovered the RB25det.. in my opinion.. one of the best motors ever..that is the whole RB family.. and the supra 3Ltwin turbo motor is also up there, probably better..

Edited by SliverS2

Such people should be taken outside and shot.

so you're practically saying that you don't really care about the looks, so if they put an RB into a hyundai excel, you'd buy it?

Edited by ishgtr

so you're practically saying that you don't really care about the looks, so if they put an RB into a hyundai excel, you'd buy it?

What he's saying is a car like a GTS-t/GT-t or GTR is a waste of a car if it's owned by people who's primary concern is looking good. Let's be honest, it cheapens the brand's image and allows Skyline owners to be stereotyped as fully sick uleh. Kind of like what's happened to Supras.

• Like 1

Basically people that buy skylines to rice them up or look cool are no better then the numptys driving lancers with bodykits and chromies, all there doing is giving the skyline a bad name and reputation, there is a big big difference between someone upgrading there car for looks or performance, all these guys on stance nation or whatever have rocks in there heads seriously.

Back to the main question, you can still have decent offset or dish without running mexican fitment or overly stretched tyres, just have to pick the offset and style of wheel to suit.

Edited by eightsixboy

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Finally got my rims, which is the reason why i started this post!

The wheels sizes 30+ offset all around with 10.5 width rears and 9.5's at the front.

Tyre sizes are 255 35 at the rear and 225 35 at the front.

There is a little bit of poke, and the tyres are stretched pretty nicely.

To the people that said any type of poke is illegal, you're wrong, kid you not, got pulled over literally 10 seconds after installing these wheels, cops did not say anything.

If there anyone who is getting wheels on their gtt's or 25gts feel free to pm me for info cos i did a whole lot of research to get these sizes.

post-96513-0-35809600-1353067733_thumb.jpg

post-96513-0-60051900-1353067793_thumb.jpg

post-96513-0-56282700-1353067838_thumb.jpg

Edited by ishgtr

Hey guys!

The wheels sizes 30+ offset all around with 10.5 width rears and 9.5's at the front.

To the people that said any type of poke is illegal, you're wrong, kid you not, got pulled over literally 10 seconds after installing these wheels, cops did not say anything.

If there anyone who is getting wheels on their gtt's or 25gts feel free to pm me for info cos i did a whole lot of research to get these sizes.

Just because cops pulled you over and didn't book you doesn't mean that it's legal. for example, i once got pulled over with bald tyres and didn't get booked.

Just because cops pulled you over and didn't book you doesn't mean that it's legal. for example, i once got pulled over with bald tyres and didn't get booked.

nah man, if you didnt get booked for bald tyres, that means its legal, especially in the wet. you get more traction with the steel wires sticking out.

• Like 1

i cant understand why people want there tyres out side the wheel arch or why they get tyres that dont even cover the rim, It kinda defeats the purpose of bigger rims.

The section of rim thats out side the arch throws up rocks,stones, dirt as there isnt any wheel arch to catch any if it, hence why they are illegal.

In saying that, it all comes down to the HWY patrol officer and how much he knows the law and what car he likes and doesnt like, seriously!

If he likes your car he'll leave it alone, if he dislikes it, he'll go on the war path.

Edited by badben

Hey guys!

Dont worry about it dude, they look great and its not over kill. Mehh atleast you didnt get chromies

:yes: