SAU Community

R30 In The Uk Desperate For Parts And Info

golden

Hi there just picked up an r30 skyline paul newman version its been sat for a while and needs a fair bit of work. My first task is the ignition which is the reason it came off the road. I am looking for alternative easier to find dizzy caps that would fit the l20et engine.

cheers

Ghostrider would know for sure

But Maybe the Distributor cap from L24E C210/C211 Skyline will fit it, pretty sure it does.

The C210 and C211 were sold locally in england, manufactured from 1977 - 1981.

Make sure you ask for the distributor cap for the L24E (Elec. Injection) engine not L24S (Carburettor)

The L20ET uses a full EFI style distributor, with a built-in CAS. The cap is quite large, much larger than the standard R30 / L24E cap.

I think you might find the cap from a 280ZX might be similar.

not sure about the caps but the L20et dizzy is ecu driven unlike the L24e which is a stand alone setup where ecu connects to coil neg like tacho to sense when firing and has no control over timing etc.

jon.

C210 L20ET Distributors and caps are the same as the fuel injected L24E in MGC210s and MR30s

R30 L20ET is the one which has the CAS and flat top distributor cap. Seen in HR30s

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there just picked up an r30 skyline paul newman version its been sat for a while and needs a fair bit of work. My first task is the ignition which is the reason it came off the road. I am looking for alternative easier to find dizzy caps that would fit the l20et engine.

cheers

280ZX Turbo Cap is what you want, along with the rotor button because both are vastly diferent to everything mentioned so far