Fmic

Z32

Full exhaust 3"

Apexi power intake

I'm gettn a disco potato and a 6boost mani

Any1 no what sorter cams would go well

And

Is it stupid to top mount a 2860?

2860s dont seem to do much on RB20s...if you are going 6boost high mount may as well ring its neck with a 3071 or similar...and stay with std cams for a while before trying aftermarket. I am making just over 300rwks on std cams and E85

Im running a faily basic RB20 set up

GTR injectors

Splitfires

Vg30 turbo

Nistune

Z32 AFM

Stock manafold

Front mount and exhaust

Was previously running RB20det Red top cams (slightly more duration on intake than the silver top 248 vs 240)

Made 197 KW (16LB) boost

Put a set of Kelford 258s and cam gears

Played around for a bit with differnt cam seetings was chasing response ended up with 12 deg advance on intake and 0 exh.

Made 207 KW (16LB) boost

No loss in power over the entire rev range and held the power in the top end without falling off like it did before, also power and boost came on a bees dick earlier.

But yeah I see no point in putting a 6 boost on with a 2860, a waste of time really Probably get better response with a stock manafold,

After doing my cams Id recomend it, I had my limiter set a 8200, old set up car would never hit it at the track as the power would just die off so hard above about 7300 like falling off a clif.

Now it Hits it easy may bump it up a bit more :whistling: , and has a much larger powere window above 7100, it got good usable powere up untill about 7900 Which is really drifting.

After doing my cams Id recomend it, I had my limiter set a 8200, old set up car would never hit it at the track as the power would just die off so hard above about 7300 like falling off a clif.

Now it Hits it easy may bump it up a bit more :whistling: , and has a much larger powere window above 7100, it got good usable powere up untill about 7900 Which is really drifting.

What turbo did you have on that made power all the way to 8000?

What's the point of him upgrading his camshafts so he can rev higher when the turbo won't be making power after about 7k?

Nah I didnt a play with cam timinig with the factory cams, was thinking about doing it but never go around to it, then I found a set of cams for a price that i couldnt turn down, so I did it all at once.

My car before cams it made peak power at a little over 6 ish , but power started to drop off a bit after 7k and was toatlly gone by 7.5.

Am only using a factory VG30 turbo

Peak power is still at about the same spot but it the engine does not loose efficency as rapidly once over reved, at about 8100 the power is the same as with out the cams, but between 7 and 8k there is about 20 kw diffrence. Which I find very usefull at the track i just gives the engine a more useable power band.

Money would be better off spent on a turbo, But I dont want want to have my car make more than 220 Kw as I could not afford to run a car with more power due to the aditional cost in tires

Edited by murph