SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

Emad weighed 77kg on Saturday and squatted 232.5kg, thats triple bodyweight

He will smash the Open WR in the 75kg class at Worlds. The record is 615kg

In training last week he did 232.5/132.5/260 - 625kg

He has a mangled shoulder, just had a reconstruction, so his bench is down. He benched 150kg at under 80kg at ProRawThree

He has also deadlifted 270kg.

He will squat 240kg at Worlds, bench 135kg and deadlift 265-270, all at 75kg, thus smashing the WR.

Unfortunately in the major city centres your only gym options are major chains like good life and fitballs first.

Closest thing to Sydney city would have to be in North Sydney.

North Sydney Powerlifting Club

http://www.heavymetalpowerlifting.com/Club.htm

But again. they are over the bridge from sydney city and not something you can go to in your lunch break.

Comp for the Brisbane people...

What: Novice deadlift competition

Where: PTC Brisbane - 352 Melton rd, Northgate.

When: October 6th. Weigh in between 9-10, first lifter on deck at 11am.

Cost: $25

Come and test out what it feels like to lift using world class Bar Bell, Calibrated plates, specially designed lifting platform and no doubt a BBQ by world class BBQ chef.... ME!

Any SAU forum member who comes and competes, I will cover your BBQ cost.

Unfortunately in the major city centres your only gym options are major chains like good life and fitballs first.

Closest thing to Sydney city would have to be in North Sydney.

North Sydney Powerlifting Club

http://www.heavymeta...ng.com/Club.htm

But again. they are over the bridge from sydney city and not something you can go to in your lunch break.

Cheers mate, just gonna go to SSS on the weekends and the odd weeknight when I can.

ProRawPowerlifting

NOVICE COMP

SUNDAY 7th OCTOBER

LIFTING STARTS AT 12.00PM

COST $25

ProRawTrophy – 1st

PTC Frankston, 2 Skye Rd Frankston Markos - 0404 453 542

Edited by markos

Markos - where can I get a flat bench in the proper comp dimensions? (just the bench.. not an entire bench press setup.

Just need a bench to use in the power rack I've got.

The adjustable incline/flat one I have is crap with the gap between the 2 seats and is too high off the ground.

I had Scott measure his one we used at Nats and everything I've found so far is either not wide enough or too tall etc.

this is the closest I've found

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/Commercial-Flat-Bench-with-wheels/240.htm

Edited by TTT

Markos, do you know of any 6ft olympic bars that have 120cm or more between the inside of the collars? But still have around 25cm worth of room for weight plates on each end? It doesn't have to have a wild weight capacity or anything and I'd prefer to try an keep costs down if possible.

Thinking about making up my own home gym, but a 7ft bar will be too long for the space.

Ladies Olympic bar is the only one on the market thats the full distance between the collars but overall shorter, so it fits in racks

They weigh 15kg and only have a 25cm diameter as opposed to 28.6mm for a full size bar

ABC sell them, not cheap, but very, very strong

How come you cant accomodate another 6" either side?

I'm limited for space in my garage and a 7' bar would only be about 10cm or less from the wall on each side.

The womens bar sounds ok, can you still fit 3 or 4 20/25kg plates on either side? (thinking longer term here)

I had a look on the abc website but I can't see the bar you are talking about. I can only see a 6'4 bar that's 18kg. It would probably be ok as well, so I'll look into both.

Do you know what the pricing is like for the abc bars, particularly the 6'4 bar and the women's 6ft? They don't have pricing on the website...

Thanks for your help

Edited by Mitcho_7

Mine is a proper needle bearing Olympic lifting bar, 15kg, cost over $500

The 18kg bars may be made for Health Spa's, should be cheap

4 plates will easily fit on my bar

Mens bar is 2200mm

Ladies bar is 2000mm

The length is taken out of the sleeve, 100mm each side

I know nothing about cheap bars, only official bars