SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

Thanks peeps, well and truly earned these extra few kgs

Leesh: I'm not sure to be honest, my head never used to move. Since I revised my technique, letting the bar sink right into my abdomen, my head just kind of wants to come up. I'm also not arching as hard and I've put my feet further out in front rather than trying to tuck them underneath me as much. I seem to be able to drive better with my legs this way. I think this style is better for raw benching. The extreme arch/bringing your belly up to meet the bar style is better suited to equipped lifting I think. It shortens the ROM but makes it hard to generate speed off your chest.

I basically tried to copy Dan Green lol

Havent been here for a while, been busy sorry. Opened up PTC's in Canberra, Eltham late last year, now have Port Melbourne and Rowville opening shortly, followed by Bondi.

Also have another couple in the early stages.

In 2 weeks we will be hosting the GPC Vic Titles at PTC, around 90 lifters over 3 days on the long weekend, March 8,9,10

Liters are all progressing, check this out

175? I'm all for supporting people but you're dreaming if you think there is a 175 to come after that 145.

That looked like a proper struggling max to me.

Can't see him gaining 30kg in 1 year.

Yes I was 'supporting' 145 is great work. 175 is significantly more 20% more.

However, I don't believe it's impossible. Just depends on what you commit to. Think of it as 15 little kilos a side. or in one year 2.5kg improvement a month. Thats 2x 1.25kg plates. Take the challenge Nick ha ha... you know you want 175kg!

haha yep it would be nice!

Motivation for lifting is waning at the moment. Injuries have taken the fun out of it so I'm trying to heal up as much as possible so I can make a run at GPC Nats. Work is has also really ramped up and that's the priority at the moment.

I'm going to run a modified broken man program into Nats. Heavy deads will be kept to a minimum (every 2-3 weeks) and I'm going to do a lot of lighter stiff legged deads. Squatting will become the priority and I'll bench as much as my shoulders let me. Shoulders were great for ages but the left one is now very inflamed.

I've been playing a lot of basketball recently and really enjoying it. It doesn't take the full mental/physical commitment of powerlifting and I've been doing it for so long it comes so naturally... definitely done my 10,000 hours with a basketball in my hands lol

I get very competitive so sitting on the sidelines watching others hit PBs is hard for me. I don't mind if I'm not the best but I love to compete.

• Like 1