SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

It's just in their rules.

Depth is always "hip crease below top of knee" or some wording to that effect in every federation..

but there are some American Equipped feds where the judging is a real joke.

people getting green lights for squats that are like 2 inches above parallel.

GPC, CAPO considers knee wraps to be RAW powerlifting.

in PA, knee wraps are only used for Equipped lifting.

but they allow knee sleeves... which don't really add anything to your lift..

but like with all rules, people bend them...

the rule around knee sleeves were changed in IPF (PA) after this..

1004771_598899236798581_678666654_n.jpg

basically using a sleeve that would be really tight around an elbow, on your knees.

They were using a plastic bag to help get it up to the knee.

lol

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think they might be titan wraps. Ive never squatted in wraps so I might do some serious reading and maybe ask markos what he recommends

Yep. if you head in to PTC there, they will have a variety of wraps in there.

Max could show you how to wrap as well.

or there are youtube videos on how to..

there are plenty of different ways but some work better than others.

Start with an intermediate type of wrap.

shit is painful.

Last time I had someone wrap me I had visible marks and bruises on my legs 6 weeks later.

Yeh, the ones everyone in the ptc vids are titan golds which are super heavy apparently so ill be steering clear of them.

I think when the time comrs ill see if I can try out some inzer true blacks or titan rpms which are meant to be a little less aggressive

• 1 month later...

Titan golds (red and yellow) are great but you have to wrap them very tight to get full use from them. Not a good rookie's wrap.

I like to use the inzer iron z's for mucking around and lighter training. You can do them up as light or as heavy as you like, quite a versatile wrap and will last for a while if you just want something light.

• 2 months later...

Cheers Tolga

I might have had 195 in me, but not 200, not today. Unfortunately I was a bit hefty at 84kg late last week, so had to eat clean and shed weight to get into the 82.5kg class. Came in at 81.2, so went a bit too far starving myself and paid the price on deads. Nonetheless, pretty happy with my lifts cause I didn't miss one. Adrenaline pumping and humbling experience all in one :)

Leesh did very well, super proud of her...I believe she took the strongest female deadlift overall @ 122.5kg. Leesh missed that 75kg squat in the gym on Thursday, so to have her make it in comp was awesome to see. We both need to work on our squats, cause they really hold us back from half decent totals. Might get some help from team Markos with that.

• Like 1

Speaking of, terrific guy. Was wrapped to have Leesh and I down there; should have seen his face light up when I told him who I was haha. Truly one of the friendliest and most supportive environments I've been in; the atmosphere was great, along with the intensity of all the competitors - some huge numbers went up from amateur lifters, who could give some pros a run for their money. Attendance was incredible...50+ lifters and 7+ hours of lifting, with just as many spectators...thought this sport was dying! Gotta hand it to Markos and people like him who are devoting their lives to keeping it alive. Will be back for more!

An amazing day, and a fantastic experience; thanks to Markos and all the assistants from PTC, who were also helpful by giving feedback after a lift. It was also great to meet Nick who helped us out a lot, especially with the use of the mono lift. I'm very proud of myself today; a year ago there's no way I would have had the confidence to compete, now I just want to compete again! This experience has put some reassurance back into me as a lifter, regarding my technique, and also given me some perspective on how well I'm actually doing for my weight. All topped off by sharing the experience with my best friend, can't wait to do more :)

Speaking of, terrific guy. Was wrapped to have Leesh and I down there; should have seen his face light up when I told him who I was haha. Truly one of the friendliest and most supportive environments I've been in; the atmosphere was great, along with the intensity of all the competitors - some huge numbers went up from amateur lifters, who could give some pros a run for their money. Attendance was incredible...50+ lifters and 7+ hours of lifting, with just as many spectators...thought this sport was dying! Gotta hand it to Markos and people like him who are devoting their lives to keeping it alive. Will be back for more!

Certainly is a great environment and they all make you feel more than welcome. Powerlifters just want to see everyone lift more to make the world a better place, everyone is there for the same reason. Was exactly the same at the slaughterhouse novice comp couple of weeks ago.