SAU Community

Diy: [R33] Cheap And Simple Amplifier Shelf Above Fuel Pump

Hi All,

I was bored on the weekend (actually let's say feeling productive), and I recently acquired this cheap amp for $20 and needed to mount it somewhere out of the way. Instead of mounting it under the seat like some, I decided to make use of the space between the fuel pump access point and the HICAS crap.

Note: This only applies to R33 Coupes.

I reused the stock fuse block bolt holes, one thing to notice, there's a tab on the rear side of the block that needs to be trimmed/snapped off in order to allow the plate to sit flush.

Other than that, the photos should speak a thousand words.

Final note, I've previously found that mounting the amp there, next to all the power lines, etc. 'may' cause some noise, but when I replaced it with better RCAs the noise went away. In the past, I've used 2x Z like alloy brackets I made using a flat piece of alloy. Too much drilling involved, this method requires you to only drill 1 or 2 holes. I went for 2x because of that odd looking bracket I found.

185433_10152059038865352_144334356_n.jpg

292010_10152059304755352_147799868_n.jpg

205917_10152059333585352_47903564_n.jpg

Nice work, do you have the dimensions for the amp? The Kenwood amp I had in my last r33 would not fit in there.

Edit: found the amp at the Kenwood site Size [mm] : 330[W] x 59[H] x 227.26[D]

Edited by pfcr33

Are you sure?

It does the job for giving a bit of extra sub bass. Given that the car has enough road noise despite sound deadening in doors and under the rear seat/wheel arches you have to accept the car is flawed for getting great sound.

This is good enough for my needs but clearly not perfect or ideal.

his rear speaker cones still seem to be intact

How can you tell from that photo unless it was shot clear the fark out you wouldnt know ?

they will without any doubt distort when turned up and eventually blow the cone past the voice coil gap by the air pressure firing into the underside In turn it frys the speaker , sometimes instant sometimes slow death depnding on the pressure wave , they do make soft foam inserts to stop it or you can make some easy enough

Ive been doing this since before your birth prob so dont bother with your theory rants Mate

How can you tell from that photo unless it was shot clear the fark out you wouldnt know ?

they will without any doubt distort when turned up and eventually blow the cone past the voice coil gap by the air pressure firing into the underside In turn it frys the speaker , sometimes instant sometimes slow death depnding on the pressure wave , they do make soft foam inserts to stop it or you can make some easy enough

Ive been doing this since before your birth prob so dont bother with your theory rants Mate

I'm sure if his speakers were blown he would know and that he would have noted that too.

That's great you've been doing since my birth.

I'm sure if his speakers were blown he would know and that he would have noted that too.

That's great you've been doing since my birth.

Your such a muppet "wanna be smart ass" good to know your the audio "GOD " I'd better stop posting cause you know it all !!! let me bow down to you

Why bother being informative to anyone like you ? Disrespectful ass

Your such a muppet "wanna be smart ass" good to know your the audio "GOD " I'd better stop posting cause you know it all !!! let me bow down to you

when did I say I was a god? when I have I recommended anything to anyone?

cool story

you're my hero man

so quick to tell everyone how long you have been doing this

every thread you have posted in that I have seen you get aggro

cawk