SAU Community

R32 Gtr Intercooler On R32 Gts-T ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTRs have holes in the chassis done at the factory, non-GTR don't have these and you pretty much make your car un-insurable when you cut these holes in the chassis yourself.

GTRs have holes in the chassis done at the factory, non-GTR don't have these and you pretty much make your car un-insurable when you cut these holes in the chassis yourself.

This. You'd have to get it engineered, which would involve reinforcing around the holes. So even if you got the intercooler for free, it would still be very expensive.

This. You'd have to get it engineered, which would involve reinforcing around the holes. So even if you got the intercooler for free, it would still be very expensive.

bet plenty of ppl do it anyway tho!

meaning 95% of all gtst owners are driving around uninsured?

meaning 95% of all gtst owners are driving around uninsured?

Depends if you consider paying the insurance company for cover while not meeting their terms and conditions "insured" or not.

What I meant were the holes in the chassis for the intercooler piping

Depends if you consider paying the insurance company for cover while not meeting their terms and conditions "insured" or not.

Yes i know you mean putting holes in the chasis, and more often then not- hacking into the reo

im saying 95% of skyline owners would do this, Yet still pay full comp insurance each year thinking there covered.

Hence my argument in another thread about CF bonnets and other aftermarket upgrades, You would find that most people on here pay full comp, But yet in the event you need to claim the insurance company has every right not to

Edited by sydking

Just do it mate, engineered or not if their out to get you they will get you.

And screw this whole "void insurance" business, I can bet my bottom dollar there isnt a car on this forum with over 260kw that is 100% legal in every sense. Insurance will not refuse to pay you because you because of a certain modification unless it contributed to the accident and even then you have to be at fault for this to occur. Just be sensible about it and you will be ok :thumbsup:

Ever tried to clear a defect with a hole in the chassis though? In this day and age, the shithole parts of Aust that you guys live in, I wouldn't be too eager to make my car any more defectable than it needed to be.

Edited by GTSBoy

Ok - lets summarise for OP. Sell the GTR cooler and buy a kit that bolts in without having to hack the body. Of course, you can still be defected, but its an ok compromise for most people.

Ever tried to clear a defect with a hole in the chassis though? In this day and age, the shithole parts of Aust that you guys live in, I wouldn't be too eager to make my car any more defectable than it needed to be.

I agree with this and it is an uphill sh*t fight, it helps to know people in the right places that can make things "easier" though :)

always pay to check the regulations where you are, i'm over 260 and fully legal as it sits, i know my insurance will still do the loop hole :devil:

Fully legal? Unless your making that power on a standard computer and standard boost pressure without a boost controller or adjustable tee of some sort then technically no it's not.

I am a big advocate of trying to keep things as legal and standard looking as possible but in this day and age where you can get defected for no water in the washer bottle it's a battle you won't win

hmmm yeah im 15 so i want to use it as a track car but then register so i can drive on my ls as i carnt drive it in victoria on my ps so it will become a full track car at that stage i might just cut it as i have the proper GTR brackets aswell

I agree with this and it is an uphill sh*t fight, it helps to know people in the right places that can make things "easier" though :)

Fully legal? Unless your making that power on a standard computer and standard boost pressure without a boost controller or adjustable tee of some sort then technically no it's not.

I am a big advocate of trying to keep things as legal and standard looking as possible but in this day and age where you can get defected for no water in the washer bottle it's a battle you won't win

100% certified as it sits, i'm in NZ though so always need to check the rules where you are